Question on quick interior detailer products?

TrustJesus

Apr 12, 2020
San Antonio Tx
Correct me if I’m wrong, it’s ok I’m here to educate myself.

The products that are quick interior detailers are designed to leave a “protection behind”.

How long does this protection last? Or do you guys still apply another layer of interior dressing?

Thank you in advance

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

•Nowadays, considering the advancement
in car-care chemicals: I endeavor to use
interior QDs formulated to be all-in-ones
(cleaner and protectant).
-That way I don’t need to follow-up with
any other interior dressings.

Time between initial application/re-appli-
cations (ie: how long do they last/durability):

-As with most other car-care products; and the
differing environments, and such, that vehicles
‘live in’; I find it’s difficult to put an actual time
period on how long these interior QDs will endure.

-The best “time” that I will venture an interior
QD will last, is to paraphrase a Mike Phillips’
adage regarding Waxes’ longevity—and apply
it accordingly.

”If you want your vehicle to look like it was
just waxed, then go wax it”.

Bob

I too typically use an interior detailer/protectant product.

I honestly don't know how long the products last and I think it would be really hard to measure objectively. Seasonal abuse from sun, the use of sun shades, a huge variety of products used by manufacturers, and the age of the interior materials make for too many variables.

I use them whenever I clean out the interior of my car which tends to be about once ever couple months. After vacuuming out the interior, I'll grab a bottle of interior product and wipe everything down.

Recently, I tested out the DPs VLP interior coating and it seems to be doing pretty well. I applied it this summer to the dash, console and other interior plastics and it still looks great. Everything is still a nice deep, like-new black color.

I use them on every customer detail and in my own cars. I don't know how long they last, but they clean well enough, and leave the surface looking better than it did before, all in one step.

I guess I clean the interiors of my own cars every 3-4 months (but rarely in the summer - way too hot to do that unless I am getting paid!).

I like the way most qd's finish out with minimal shine so I do not follow up with a dressing. As far as how often....once a week> Probably does not need it but like most of my detailing I simply waste product because I enjoy it.

Like the previous posters have stated, I use Meguiar's Interior Quik Detailer periodically without any additional toppings.

Another benefit to not using dressings is that the inside windows stay cleaner a lot longer and are much easier to clean streak-free when needed. Dressings seem to outgas and in doing so they deposit a film on the glass that is a PITA to remove without fighting streaks.

I have Meguiars, Adams and P&S interior detailers. I feel P&S and Megs don’t leave much behind. The Adams leaves a little something. I try to use monthly and have been using PBL V&L coating every three months.

I’m looking for a little more UV protection than i feel IQD’s leave behind.

Also If you just like a clean interior P&S xpress is an amazingly priced and performing product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think of interior detailers like paint instant detailers - no real protection but great for removing dust, fingerprints and sweat residue in the summer. I keep a small bottle inside a small wash mitt in my glovebox. Those little mitts from the dollar store are good for something. On average, I'd say I use it 2-3 times a week.

ouZPQnAl.jpg

That's different than protectants/dressings.

Anyone have experience in using Megs D-156 Spray Wax on the interior? I saw a video by Darren from Auto Fetish Detail in which he said that this product worked great on the interior. Any thoughts?

Anyone have experience in using Megs
D-156 Spray Wax on the interior?

Any thoughts?
•From my limited experience:
-Keep from using it on fabrics (ex: carpeting; seats;
Alcantara; Microsuede/Novasuede/Ultrasuede/etc.)
-Keep from using it on the “go/stop/clutch” pedals.
-Everything else is fair game.

Of course: YMMV

Bob

I have been using Megs Interior Quik Detailer and lately DP all in one interior. I’m not really sure how long it lasts but I use it once a week or more depending on how dusty the dash gets. Every 6 months the interior gets a good cleaning with an APC and then treated with 303.