PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions on interior detailer and protectant that leaves no shine

hokiedood
12-06-2020, 12:07 PM
I want a single product that details and protects but I want my matte surfaces to stay matte. Any suggestions?

2black1s
12-06-2020, 02:52 PM
Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer.

I love this stuff as it it leaves a perfectly natural looking surface.

Meguiar's claims that it contains "sunblocking" agents... But I really have to wonder how well they could protect since this stuff appears to leave absolutely nothing left behind. The protection factor is not high on my list of priorities though as my vehicle is always garaged and other than drive time sees very minimal sun exposure, so this product fits the bill for me.

UncleDavy
12-06-2020, 05:57 PM
Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer is a great all in one product for interiors. It leaves some protection behind and it leaves a matte finish. DP Detailing also makes an all in one interior detailer that is just as good.

FUNX650
12-06-2020, 07:46 PM
Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer.

Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer...

^^^Yep...what they said.

YouTube (https://m.youtube.com/watch?=YlUSWIMurns)

Bob

rick100
12-06-2020, 08:18 PM
the aerospace stuff leave no shine and it looks great. It is one of the main go to on various car forums for interior dressing and protection

57Rambler
12-06-2020, 08:33 PM
I tend to prefer a higher level of protection than that offered by the 1-step "detailing" products so I clean interior surfaces with 303 Multipurpose cleaner and then apply the Wolfgang Cockpit Trim sealant. The Wolfgang gives good longevity, applies nice and evenly, and you can control the appearance by applying more/less product as desired. I go with 1 coat which yields a really nice matte finish. Once I've applied the Wolfgang, all I do for interior maintenance is wipe down the surfaces every couple weeks with a microfiber glove moistened (wet & then wrung) with distilled water.

Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant (https://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-cockpit-trim-sealant.html)

Coatingsarecrack
12-07-2020, 04:19 AM
https://sep.yimg.com/ay/autogeek/griots-garage-interior-detailer-17.gif

I think the Griots is better than Meguiars IQD as i feel leaves more protection.

Th ones i currently use are P&S Xpress IQD. (I dont think it leaves any protection though) and a interior QD made by Eve’s better half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoyt66
12-07-2020, 06:14 AM
Another vote for Meg's Quick Interior Detailer here.

JDGolden
12-07-2020, 07:43 AM
Been using Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer since 2007 or 2008. I’ve considered trying the Griots listed above as well, but I always end up with Meguiars because I know I like it.

dennis b
12-07-2020, 08:29 AM
I've been using Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer since 2010. I've strayed once or twice to see if the grass is greener but I always come back. It's inexpensive, effective and leaves nothing behind but a smooth matt finish. It's a no brainer because it just works. I just picked up a new bottle on the Black Friday sale. I go through a bottle a year.

Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer, Sprayway glass cleaner and Zymol Z-507 Leather Cleaner are my go to products for my interior.

Desertnate
12-07-2020, 08:42 AM
I've been very happy with McKee's 37 Interior Surface Protectant and like it better than 303 Aerospace as I think it's a little more substantial and lasts longer. At the time I bought my big bottle the McKee's was still sold here...

I've also recent tried out DP's VLP. They call it an interior coating, but it applies like a normal spray protectant and leaves a nice shine-free finish.

Vegas1
12-08-2020, 07:18 AM
Another vote for Megs Quik Interior Detailer. Decent cleaning ability with the OEM finish I’m looking for.

glen e
12-08-2020, 11:29 AM
I asked this question several years ago here, looking for a Matte type detailer that would give me no shine but just make that surface look new. There was a tremendous amount of responses that suggested “poor boys natural look”, I still use it today, the stuff is fantastic.