PDA

View Full Version : Swisswax Concorso vs Souveran Liquid Wax

PETR0LHEAD
12-12-2020, 12:40 AM
Hello guys! I have been reading you guys a lot, it seems like Pinnacle Souveran is one of the best if not the best for the wet look, in this case vs Swisswax Concorso, which one is better? Im looking for best shine and wet look. Thank you very much!

Loach
12-12-2020, 01:44 AM
Hello guys! I have been reading you guys a lot, it seems like Pinnacle Souveran is one of the best if not the best for the wet look, in this case vs Swisswax Concorso, which one is better? Im looking for best shine and wet look. Thank you very much!

I would be interested in hearing feedback as I have also heard great results from both Pinnacle and Swissvax, but I have never tried out Swissvax yet.

As far as the liquid formula of Pinnacle Souveran goes, I feel this is much different than the paste version of Souveran. The liquid Souveran does feel related somewhat to Menzerna Power Lock, which would then relate to the older Blackfire Wet Diamond, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, and McKee’s 37 Hi-Def Paint Sealant. Maybe not full siblings, but cousins at least, meaning more sealant than wax.

A true comparison of Concorso would be with the paste version of Souveran, remember Souveran really started out competing with the looks that Zymol Destiny left behind, and they felt they really nailed what Destiny brought to the table in terms of looks without having to force users to dish out $800+ for a jar of wax. Liquid Souveran should actually be much more durable than the paste version of Souveran, while still presenting a very competitive wax like appearance. Although I would say some users here would say not much can truly best Souveran Paste in terms of looks and depth. It’s super easy to work with, I would say definitely easier than Zymol Destiny, but probably not be competitive in durability.

An analysis of Concorso would be great.

Dan Tran
12-12-2020, 06:48 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201212/753ec5bd841feadcbdeea8a58d55d4e9.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201212/779f384cb6adec3fa87458870d549041.jpg

I can’t speak for the other wax mentioned nor can I speak specially about Swissvax Concorso, but this car has Swissvax Endurance which contains 10% less carnauba wax by volume. This should give you a taste of what Swissvax is all about.

The reason why I included the engine shot was to showcase the paint from a different angle. Truly, the pictures does it no justice. But it’s a very excellent wax.

acuRAS82
12-12-2020, 08:19 PM
^^ Dan Tran, the paint looks amazing. Definitely rich, waxy goodness.

PaulMys
12-12-2020, 08:46 PM
^^ Dan Tran, the paint looks amazing. Definitely rich, waxy goodness.

Agreed.

That looks incredible.

FUNX650
12-13-2020, 09:57 PM
I.
•Swisswax Concorso Wax
<7oz. @$329.00

-Swissvax Cleaner Fluid
~8.5oz. @$59.00

{Important:
please note that before the first application
of a Swissvax wax, the paint must be pre-
treated without fail with Cleaner Fluid Regular
so that the wax can successfully adhere to
the paintwork.

II.
•Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Car Wax
16oz. @ ~$40.00

-Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion
16oz. @ ~$30.00

{For best results,
use Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion
before you apply Liquid Souverän Car Wax.}

III.
•In order to initially apply Swisswax Concorso
Wax, the outlay is ................$388.00

•In order to initially apply Pinnacle Liquid Souveran
Car Wax, the initial outlay is ...$70.00

For my detailing purposes:
-That $318 difference means Swisswax Concorso
Wax ”could never be a contender”.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/B11C4E60-F942-43D2-8AEF-1EB791DA03F5.jpeg

Bob

acuRAS82
12-13-2020, 10:04 PM
•In order to initially apply Swisswax Concorso
Wax, the outlay is ................$388.00

•In order to initially apply Pinnacle Liquid Souveran
Car Wax, the initial outlay is ...$70.00
Not to mention that almost any week you can get Pinnacle for 25% - 30% off, therefore $52.50 - $49.00 for the combo. :wow:

Dr Oldz
12-13-2020, 10:12 PM
Concorso is one of my favorite waxes. Expensive ....yes. Great wax....yes. Worth the price difference?.?.?.... only you can answer that question.

No matter how expensive or awesome a wax is, it’s the prep work b4 application that makes the real difference. The wax only adds a small percentage of the overall look.

FUNX650
12-13-2020, 10:51 PM
Concorso is one of my favorite waxes.
Expensive ....yes. Great wax....yes.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/3AA10714-D9B1-4D1D-8137-0F97C4CD6B00.jpeg

No matter how expensive or awesome
a wax is, it’s the prep work b4 application
that makes the real difference. The wax
only adds a small percentage of the
overall look.

•In my book:
-If, as you say: ‘wax only adds a small %
(percentage) to the overall look’; then:
how can it ever be justifiable in adding an
additional $318.00—or some other obscene
amount—to the overall cost? It can’t, I say.

After all:
Waxes are formulated to function as
‘sacrificial barriers’—towards which I’m
not ever going to sacrifice a whole lot of
my hard earned money.

Bob