Apartment detailing

Raziel346

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm new here, thanks for approving me.

I'm not too experienced with detailing but I do love doing it and learning about it. Currently I live in an apartment which puts me in a bit of pickle when it comes to maintaining my ride. I have a brand new 2020 Abarth 595 and I want to maintain as best as I can.

Currently in my arsenal I have ONR for my paint and glass, brake buster for the wheels and tires and out-dated CG products:laughing:, the car is currently coated with Jet Seal but it's a 3 year-old product and I can tell that it's not as effective as it was on my old car.

I'm looking to upgrade my detailing arsenal, maybe replace ONR with something better if there is. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with it but if I can do better I will. Brake buster I'm super pleased with it, especially with the rust inhibiting features.

And now I am on the search for a good paint sealant+wax combo, ceramic coating not really an option for me, I don't want to mess with flash times, curing times. I heard about Meg's hybrid ceramic sealant+wax combo, maintained with hybrid ceramic detailer being very easy to apply and very effective.

Also I thought maybe get a professional to install a pro-grade ceramic coating+proper polish, and then maintain it - but that kinda ruins the fun of DIY detaling doesn't it?

Would love to hear some opinions , and of course hear some suggestions for new products!

Thanks in Advance

:)

Hey everyone,

I'm new here,

Welcome to AutogeekOnline! :welcome:

I'm looking to upgrade my detailing arsenal, maybe replace ONR with something better if there is. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with it but if I can do better I will.

Check this out, I've been using it for a rinseless on my own cars, works great. I have not tried it as a waterless wash, clay lube or wash fortifier yet but I'm sure it will work great when diluted for these applications.

Review: Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Rinseless Wash

Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Rinseless Wash - Your new favorite product!

a_Si02_Uber_Rinseless_022.JPG

And now I am on the search for a good paint sealant+wax combo, ceramic coating not really an option for me, I don't want to mess with flash times, curing times. I heard about Meg's hybrid ceramic sealant+wax combo, maintained with hybrid ceramic detailer being very easy to apply and very effective. Also I thought maybe get a professional to install a pro-grade ceramic coating+proper polish, and then maintain it - but that kinda ruins the fun of DIY detaling doesn't it?
Would love to hear some opinions , and of course hear some suggestions for new products!

Thanks in Advance :)

Check this out, I've used it on my neighbor's car, my wife's car and the 1940 Ford in the review, so far everyone is happy. The key with this product is applying super thin application.

Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating

303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating

303_graphene_001.JPG

I’ll second the SiO2 rinseless wash (RW). I just used it for the first time Sunday on my wife’s X3, I was blown away! It left a silky smooth finish to the paint and it looked like it even made the white “pop” a lot more than the standard Uber RW wash....which I loved, until trying out the new SiO2 RW!

I’ll actually be applying the 303 Graphene to her car (her car is the guinea pig!) in the coming weeks!

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Welcome aboard!

Your going to want to get something equivalent to a Worx hydroshot so you clean even further, like wheels, tires and wells. I've been in apartments for a while now but with this tool you can do alot more! Also check out the various IK foaming sprayers too

You may not be able to do what someone with a real power washer and Foam gun/cannon can do but with proper effort your car will look top notch

Btw I had an Abarth 500 from 2013-2018, loved that car It had different stripes every year

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If I was in an apt, I’d definitely get a Worx Hydroshot Ultra and even with a house I almost ordered it to pull water from a bucket in the winter when I don’t have the hose hooked up.

And I’ve been using Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Rinseless Wash and like it very much. I use it over a spray SiO2 coating (Gyeon CanCoat) instead of a true ceramic coating as I like touching my car more often.

I will ABSOLUTELY suggest the bigger battery upgrade for the Worx hydroshot! What's the Ultra model exactly?

I will ABSOLUTELY suggest the bigger battery upgrade for the Worx hydroshot! What's the Ultra model exactly?

It moves the pump to the bucket so the hand piece is lighter and it is also more powerful with 725 psi and 1.1 gpm. Not a true pressure washer but close.

It moves the pump to the bucket so the hand piece is lighter and it is also more powerful with 725 psi and 1.1 gpm. Not a true pressure washer but close.
Wow that's really cool!

I'm singling you out persay but many people complain it doesn't do this and it doesn't do that but I've gotta say this, use it knowing its limitations and you'll be happy! I've rinsed off a foaming from my IK 1.5 and sure it takes more time but it does work.

The Worx is perfect for tires/wheels/wells and the thing is like what, $100, so your not spending alot of money I'm sure the new one is more money and I wonder if the battery comes upgraded

Try a coating lite. Gyeon Cancoat or wolfgang spray coating are wipe on and wipe off coatings no flash times.

Alot better protection than any sealant It will last longer and self clean better. Maintain every couple of months with with Meguiars ceramic wax. Or ceramic detailer.

Here good things about WG sio2 rinseless wash and will be trying myself. For waterless Ammo Frothe in pump foamer.

Also give the Brake Buster in a pump foamer. Mix it 1-1 with water. Great if you maintain your wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

303 Touchless Sealant is a great product to use AND the Worx will work using it. The product is sooooo easy to use on rims, I'd actually buy a 2nd bottle just to use monthly on the rims, makes cleaning them VERY easy. All the products suggested will work great as well but I happen to like 303

Welcome aboard!

Your going to want to get something equivalent to a Worx hydroshot so you clean even further, like wheels, tires and wells. I've been in apartments for a while now but with this tool you can do alot more! Also check out the various IK foaming sprayers too

You may not be able to do what someone with a real power washer and Foam gun/cannon can do but with proper effort your car will look top notch

Btw I had an Abarth 500 from 2013-2018, loved that car It had different stripes every year

Such an awesome little car, love how I can take down "higher caliber" cars with it Im the MAN

And I do use IK sprayers they're ridiclously good, I use Brake Buster diluted 5:1 with the foamer and it works really really well. I've been considering also a cordless pressure washer such as the hydroshot or even the Sunjoe SPX 6001 (bucket joe) but not really an option as I don't want to disturb my neighbors by accidentally spraying down their cars, so I think I'll stick to rinseless washing and try to do my best with it. I do weekly washes so my car doesn't get too dirty which helps.

303 Graphene spray.. seems pretty interesting. But that's all the protection I need? seems a little I don't know.. maybe slightly weak?

I forgot to mention this my car sees a lot of abuse by me - daily driving, roadtrips, high-speed mountain drives and even some track visits. can the graphence spray handle all that?

Si02 in an RW? wow we really are in 2021 haha. Seems like a good option.

What I like about ONR is the fact that when it dries it dries to a polymer spot which just wipes off, even easier with a detail spray/drying aid.

Is it the same case with the wolfgang?

I took care of a C7 vette for three years living in an apartment, having no water available or power. I used an si02 rinseless ( car Pro ech02) weekly and did the wheels with wheel cleaner and a SIO2 touchless (hydr02) at a local car wash wand/stall every couple months.The car was always immaculate. Once every 3 months I wiped on with an SIO2 sealant. (Reload)

303 Graphene spray.. seems pretty interesting. But that's all the protection I need? seems a little I don't know.. maybe slightly weak?

I forgot to mention this my car sees a lot of abuse by me - daily driving, roadtrips, high-speed mountain drives and even some track visits. can the graphence spray handle all that?

Listen to the chemist that created this product and then make up your own mind. Two comments,

1: You don't have to wait en entire year to re-apply. Re-apply more often to maintain a wall of protection.

2: It's less that $20.00 (U.S. dollars), not bad for the advertized benefits.

Si02 in an RW? wow we really are in 2021 haha. Seems like a good option.

What I like about ONR is the fact that when it dries it dries to a polymer spot which just wipes off, even easier with a detail spray/drying aid.

Is it the same case with the wolfgang?

Don't know about that one. Maybe take one for the team and report back your findings?

Listen to the chemist that created this product and then make up your own mind. Two comments,

1: You don't have to wait en entire year to re-apply. Re-apply more often to maintain a wall of protection.

2: It's less that $20.00 (U.S. dollars), not bad for the advertized benefits.

Don't know about that one. Maybe take one for the team and report back your findings?

When I dried my wife’s car it was easy, maybe easier than the standard Uber RW and I’ve never used or had to use a drying aid!

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

I'm pretty convinced on the Wolfgang and 303 Coating. What detail spray should I use as a drying aid/maintaing the 303 coating?

I'm pretty convinced on the Wolfgang and 303 Coating. What detail spray should I use as a drying aid/maintaing the 303 coating?

I don’t know of all who make one but a graphene detail spray. I think Ech20 and Elixer from car pros would also play nice. TW has a graphene line now maybe they have a detailer?

Oh lastly TW has a Ceramic Wet wax that is manufactured as a drying aid. Good stuff too

Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wet Wax - 53410

I don’t know of all who make one but a graphene detail spray. I think Ech20 and Elixer from car pros would also play nice. TW has a graphene line now maybe they have a detailer?

Oh lastly TW has a Ceramic Wet wax that is manufactured as a drying aid. Good stuff too

Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wet Wax - 53410

there's the adam's graphene detail spray, they even have a graphene tire dressing. Was looking for more options other then Adam's but couldn't find them. Actually, the hybrid solutions line just became available in our local DIY stores, I'll grab a bottle and try. I'm used to order every product from abroad haha.

Edit: I have to say, after looking further into the Wolfgang line I very very impressed with products. It looks like I'll be sticking to 1 brand for all the paint needs. Can't really find a drying aid tho', can their ceramic detailer be used a drying aid? Looked into some videos but didn't find answers.

there's the adam's graphene detail spray, they even have a graphene tire dressing. Was looking for more options other then Adam's but couldn't find them. Actually, the hybrid solutions line just became available in our local DIY stores, I'll grab a bottle and try. I'm used to order every product from abroad haha.

Edit: I have to say, after looking further into the Wolfgang line I very very impressed with products. It looks like I'll be sticking to 1 brand for all the paint needs. Can't really find a drying aid tho', can their ceramic detailer be used a drying aid? Looked into some videos but didn't find answers.

You can dilute the Uber sio2 RW into a detail spray and use the detail spray as a drying aid.

Yeah their detail spray will work well. Probably better than sio2 uber at waterless dilution

The new Turtle Wax graphene Flex Wax spray wax can be used as a drying aid. I don't know how well it would play with the 303 Graphene sealant as your base protection, but I have heard great things about the Flex Wax and would be inclined to give it a shot.

Back