Anyone tried Hybrid Solutions Pro 1 and Done?

HAMBO

Reaction score
Hi AG,

I'm looking for a new one-step product (I'm a pure hobbyist). Obviously a ton of marketing behind Hybrid Solutions, but I was intrigued by the idea of a one step that can cut to different degrees so well using different pads. Seems like it would be a great thing to have as an occasional hobbyist (probably polish two cars a year, sometimes need a bit more or less cutting capability).

Hybrid Solutions Pro: 1 & Done Compound

Anyone tried it? If not, any other good one-steps that people recommend that can be used in such a versatile way with different pads? I assume they all be used with different pads, but just wondering what products do it well.

Thanks,

HAMBO

I'll chime in....

I have not used this product but I wrote a very in-depth, comprehensive and GLOWING review for their one-step polish wax here,

Review: Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Polish & Wax

Ceramic_Polish_Wax_060.JPG

I was impressed with this product I tested, apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

:)

Yes it is a great product, I used it for some light correction on my rear bumper with LC 3.5" orange flat pads. Worked like a champ. Sorry before and after pics arent the greatest
498e1822727952c86c763b3b6abf9a78.jpg
1f02237be4a1ba5d71a91975eced1d4a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Some Youtubers have noted its not the easiest product to wipe off the surface.

I've used sonax perfect finish to knock out some deep scratches on my toyota last year using the very course white foam pad from griots. Then followed up with the yellow soft polishing pad from griots with perfect finish and i was stoked with the finish.

3D One is another single polish, that's popular. I've have only used it on test panels. Its more aggressive then perfect finish.

Scholls has a new one too, looks like a trend.

I will be using it tomorrow on a Honda HRV. I will update tomorrow around this time

I will be using it tomorrow on a Honda HRV. I will update tomorrow around this time

Looking forward to it. The new TW pro line is sexy looking thats for sure. :) Lot sharper then the hybrid packaging.

Afterall, they do say you eat with your eyes first. :D

Ok. Here is my short review. Flex 3401 and a LC orange force pad. Did a great job cutting and finishing. It seemed to cut better than 3D One. Wipe off was harder than it should have been. Overall a good product that does what it is supposed to do.

I'll chime in....

I have not used this product but I wrote a very in-depth, comprehensive and GLOWING review for their one-step polish wax here,

Review: Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Polish & Wax

Ceramic_Polish_Wax_060.JPG

I was impressed with this product I tested, apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

I actually just tried this yesterday and was actually quite impressed. Not really having good or bad expectations going in I grabbed it off the shelf and figured what the hell.

I used it on a 2010 white Pontiac G6 (on the hard side) with a 21mm da and 5" Lake Country microfiber fiber. Damage was your usual daily driver/ automatic car wash combo and got almost 100% correction with a beautiful gloss.

Tried it with a green buff and shine pad and got probably 65% correction. Being white and a nothing special car I decided to go the micro fiber route.

Will definitely be using this product again. :cheers:

Hi AG,

I'm looking for a new one-step product (I'm a pure hobbyist).

Obviously a ton of marketing behind Hybrid Solutions, but I was intrigued by the idea of a one step that can cut to different degrees so well using different pads.

Anyone tried it?

Hang tight - using it tomorrow on a black 2015 Camaro Z28 with the LS7 engine.

This thing was BUTCHERED by someone with a wool pad on a rotary buffer.

7fe283bea0ac501b43856ca7cd3d75fe.jpg

916347b60e11aad58176727174af695e.jpg

It's so bad....

:dunno:

OOOOOHHHH. Exciting!!!! Go Mike!!!

I'm getting ready to wash this thing, she's really gross. Has some kind of film on her, my guess is air pollution and airborne traffic pollution from sitting on a dealership's car lot?

This thing has MASSIVE brakes. They look cool too, I'll take a picture.

I'm not sure if I'll shoot much video BUT if I do - I'll be posting to my Facebook Page and Instagram Page if anyone want's to check it out.

Mike Phillips Facebook Page

Instagram

I have NOT started this car but thinking about the new Hybrid Solutions Pro: 1 & Done Compound, I'm going to try to use ONLY foam polishing pads for everything but the hood. For the hood I'll start with some type of fiber pad and then re-polish with the same product and foam finishing pad. Either B&S or RUPES for foam pads, not sure for fiber pads.

The hood has been repainted and you can see sanding marks in the primer under the basecoat and clearcoat. They call this Dieback or Shrinkback

Ken Tuep shared this about Dieback

Ken Tuep said:
What usually causes dieback is applying follow-up coats of paint too wet, or too soon between coats. The reducers need to completely flash before the next coat is applied. Fast reducers are more likely to cause dieback because they trap the solvents under the paint.

I've heard the same thing from others with a background in painting. I'll try to get a picture.

Maybe John aka 2black1s can chime in as he has a background in paint.

:updated:

Just to follow-up, I did detail the black Camaro and I did use the new to correct the hood. From memory the hood was re-painted and the paint was soft. The HS 1 and Done Compound did work great to undo the damage but it also left a hazy finish and I had to re-polish to get it LSP ready.

This is the only car I've used this product on so I wouldn't make judgement on the ability of the product after this one use on aftermarket paint.

7fe283bea0ac501b43856ca7cd3d75fe.jpg

Click here to view the original image of 1024x768px.
916347b60e11aad58176727174af695e.jpg

I never was able to get to processing the pictures and create a write-up for the correction work. I did get a write-up on the forum for washing and drying the Camaro.

Review: The Notorious D.R.Y. Towel

The_Notorious_D_R_Y_Towel_001.JPG

Back