How hard is German VW paint ???

CV_Soccer

Reaction score
I have a problem, and I need some help to solve!!!!

I have a very red and 06 VW MkV GTI (see below) and tax season is coming to a close which means that it is time for my annual fully detail which will include removing some minor swirl. I have Meguiars M80 and attempted to work in a small area but it doesn’t appear to do anything other than waste time. If anyone has experience polishing German VW Tornado Red how hard is the paint because I am begging to think that it is like iron.

gti_06a.JPG

For example I work a small area (see the area highlighted in yellow) for about 4-5 min using moderate pressure after which I remove the product from the finish and I might as well be shouting into the wind!!!! Does anyone have any suggesting?

m80.JPG

what kind of machine and pad combo are you useing??

got the same car, 06 tornado red mkv :)

i use menzerna nano polish and it seems to do a pretty well job, the clear is pretty hard so the nano helps out alot with it..

I have an 06 A4 and it's so hard I have to work a panel twice (~5 minute/pass) just to rid of light swirls using green pad and 106FF with UDM. This is why I'm going for a rotary as although using a more aggressive combo (pad/polish) will help, I reckon it would still require the same amount of time to break down the polish and burnish the paint after. I will try the same combo on a rotary and see how much time I can save.

Back