Chevy 2500HD Leather Seats

Corey06

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am looking for some recommendations with my leather seats in my 2019 Chevy LTZ 2500HD. When I bought the truck brand new the side bolsters had these lines in them but the dealer said it was normal and a few of the other trucks on the lot were similar. I was just wondering if there is anything I can do do make sure they don’t get any worse? I have been using Gueon Q2 leather shield every 6 months. But maybe I should be using something different, or maybe there is nothing I can use on them to keep them from getting worse? I obviously make sure to never slide out of the seat and always lift my butt up and out. The seats are heated / cooled, obviously isn’t top of the line leather that’s for sure. Kind of sad when the original leather seats in my 1980 Z28 look less wrinkly and worn then my truck.

First picture is seats now (have had truck for 1.5 years) and second picture is of seats after having the truck 3 months.

Unfortunately, there is nothing I'm aware of that you can do to eliminate the wrinkling as that is a function of the seat design, materials, and manufacture. Keeping them cleaned and conditioned is about the best you can do.

It's dead, coated skin. I suggest keeping then cleaned and conditioned monthly. A product like Gyeon Leather Shiled is a great product to protect them for about a year, based on reviews, and maintain then monthly with Gyeon Leather after giving them a light cleaning, Gyeon makes a great cleaner as well.

If you don't wanna spend as much money 303 has a nice interior cleaner and 3 in 1 leather product to apply monthly.

These are on the excessive side but it sounds like your serious about leather and it's probably a DD, so clean it and feed it often

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

As mentioned that’s natural. You should not need to use leather shield that often. Use leather coat if you want to keep topping it.

The other option is using something like the colourlock system.

It's leather and it's the driver's seat. It's going to continue to do that because it's a part of the seat that gets the most wear and abuse. It's just part of the aging process. My wife's Buick is doing the same thing. You can help it by keeping it conditioned regularly, but it is still going to develop wrinkles etc.

As mentioned that’s natural. You should not need to use leather shield that often. Use leather coat if you want to keep topping it.

The other option is using something like the colourlock system.
I didn't say use Leather Shield monthly, I said Gyeon Leather monthly, left off the important COAT after it

I didn't say use Leather Shield monthly, I said Gyeon Leather monthly, left off the important COAT after it

The op said he used leather shield every 6 months.

Thanks! I wasn’t sure if I used the leather shield if I should be using some other conditioner on top of it or not?

I have a bottle of lexol conditioner and some Adam’s leather conditioner I could probably be using.

I work at a Chevy/GMC dealer and I'll tell you firsthand that they all do that,,you wern't getting lied to,,like others have said ..just protect it best you can.
I'll also tell you to keep an eye on the stitching,,some but not all have shown signs of seperation but I imagine there lots of variables involved.

Can also confirm they all do that, however we replaced a few wrinkled ones under warranty. So if you are still under 36k, I'd go in for a replacement. Just make sure they check the side panels of the new replacements, at some point GM went from leather side vertical panels on the seat bottom to cloth to reduce squeaking.

Back