PDA

View Full Version : Opti-seal Question

Bubbabuff
04-08-2008, 08:25 PM
After polish then apply the opti-seal? How long should I wait to wax? Or Polish/wax/then opti-seal. Little confused on this product, I use it on my trim and glass.

Chris Thomas
04-08-2008, 08:54 PM
24 hrs is ideal. I do 3x (1 after a wash over 3 weeks) then lay on the wax at the next wash. I find layering this way to save time and look very impressive. You could do 2x OS with about an hour inbetween but it would be just like putting on 1 thick even coat. Hope this helps. PM me if you need more help, I've used a ton of it and with different product combos.

Mike T
04-08-2008, 09:09 PM
12 to 24hrs. Depends sometimes on the environment the finish is exposed to while the product is curing.

Hey Integritydetail, have you tried applying OS over waxes?

Chris Thomas
04-08-2008, 09:35 PM
12 to 24hrs. Depends sometimes on the environment the finish is exposed to while the product is curing.

Hey Integritydetail, have you tried applying OS over waxes?

Yes, from my experience, you can put it over anything but dirt.

Nuke33
04-08-2008, 11:43 PM
I usually wait about 24 hours, but if it's really humid or damp id wait longer better safe then sorry!

Mike T
04-09-2008, 08:27 AM
Yes, from my experience, you can put it over anything but dirt.

What kinda durability did you see out of it?

melF1fan
04-09-2008, 07:07 PM
12 hours is good enough but is best to wait 24.

Durability is quite good. 4 months for me till I either added another coat or tried something else and it was still looking good and protecting. This is after proper paint prep / polish of course.

Chris Thomas
04-09-2008, 08:35 PM
What kinda durability did you see out of it?

On my daily driver it's still holding up fine at 4 months. I use OCW monthly and OID after every wash. I'll probably strip it all off @ 6 months and start over. This kind of durability was achieved by doing 3 coats, one week and one wash in between each coat. I always hand wash or ONR, only (no tunnels, touchless, etc). On my customers that I only get for a day, I put a caot on before I do the interior and one after. This isn't considered 2 coats but more like one, thick, even coat. This process will hold up for 3+ months with no other topper in Tn weather. And God only knows what wash techniques they use, cause I don't do many in-between washes. It's probably my favorite Optimum product because of ease and durability, but that new OID is pretty awesome.

Chris

supercharged
04-10-2008, 04:41 AM
12-24 hours depending on your climate and humidity.