Is Griots Perfecting Cream watery?

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
This is my first time using the Perfecting Cream and it's pretty thin... Is that normal?

Perfectly normal. The Boss creams are weird like that as far as their consistency. I just shook my bottles and the Correcting Cream sounds like there’s rancid milk inside, the Fast Correcting Cream feels like sour cream, and the Perfecting Cream feels like it’s some hand lotion inside.

And I could be wrong but sometimes I think they change consistencies and the FCC becomes the milk and vice versa.

Appreciate it. I started using it, just curious. Seems to work well honestly. I like it so far. The truck is white but I can't see any swirls so far. I think it'll work out for me...

I agree it can be somewhat alarming sometimes when they suddenly pour out looking like milk and you could’ve sworn it was like mayonnaise last time you used it.

Make sure to shake vigorously. The product can separate where solids settle on the bottle and liquid on top.

Easier to see in a clear bottle.

FCC, CC, and PC are all about the consistency of hand lotion to me. Maybe a little thin, but never watery.

Weird. Mine is defined watery.
0b482e9b5de8230b603311782474927c.jpg

Weird. Mine is defined watery.
0b482e9b5de8230b603311782474927c.jpg

I read reports of this. My current bottle and the last bottle was not that watery.

It might work just fine. Maybe reach out to Griot's Garage and see what they say. Either they'll say it's fine or they'll likely replace it for you.

Well I did my whole truck and looks like it worked out ok... If its ok to use, Im fine with it.

Thanks!

It shouldn't be that thin.

I had a bottle of Correcting Cream that turned into "milk". Totally unusable.

I contacted Griot's with my problem, and gave them the batch # on the bottom of the bottle.

Long story short, they sent me a brand new bottle. (Free of charge, of course). :dblthumb2:

It shouldn't be that thin.

I had a bottle of Correcting Cream that turned into "milk". Totally unusable.

I contacted Griot's with my problem, and gave them the batch # on the bottom of the bottle.

Long story short, they sent me a brand new bottle. (Free of charge, of course). :dblthumb2:

Ok. lol well I used mine. I hope and assume not so - but hope it didnt damage something... I guess it would just be not as "usable"..?

Ok. lol well I used mine. I hope and assume not so - but hope it didnt damage something... I guess it would just be not as "usable"..?

You did no harm to your paint. And yeah, I can't imagine using the product the way I found it in my bottle they replaced.

They named it "Perfecting Cream", not "Perfecting Milk". :laughing::laughing:

You did no harm to your paint. And yeah, I can't imagine using the product the way I found it in my bottle they replaced.

They named it "Perfecting Cream", not "Perfecting Milk". :laughing::laughing:
Yeah but I didn't know how it was supposed to be. Definitely looked thin but.. lol

I don't think you damaged anything. But you may have polished with only the lubricant and little or no abrasives.

So no worries there. But the product may not have worked as expected. You still get the benefit of the pad abrasives polishing the paint.

I don't think you damaged anything. But you may have polished with only the lubricant and little or no abrasives.

So no worries there. But the product may not have worked as expected.
Truck definitely got polished I know that. The paint squeaked under my finger like it does after it's been polished. So maybe just less workability?

Just an update: spoke to griots and they seem to think it's okay...

They keep asking me for an order number and I keep telling them I can't remember where I got it from. Lol

Looks like I'll have to buy a new one, but worried about it happening again.

I had 2 bottles of Perfecting cream, one was consistency of normal polish the other ran like milk so I tossed it. Poor quality control. Will see if the garbage went out n will get batch number and get a replacement. One more try with Griots and if I receive milk instead of polish again I am done with them.

Back