G15 Polisher — Pad Recomendations?

spewking

Reaction score
I have been using the Flex “The Beast” 3401 for many years. The Lake Country Hybrid pads have been my go to pads and I have been satisfied with their performance and match for the Beast.

I just bought the Griots G15 and need advice about pad recommendations that match this polisher that is a free spinning oscillator polisher vs the forced rotation of the Flex. Are the hybrids still a good fit for the G15 or do you recommend other LC pads? Any other pads that would work well? Do you like the Griots pads? Thanks much.

I would think your current pads should be fine.

I use LC and Rupes pads with the Flex, Rupes polisher and the Griots 6" random. All works just a-fine...

Tom

I'd get a couple Griots Fast Finishing MF pads. They work great as a light cutting or polishing pad.

If you do not use the GG Boss pads, then LC HDO pads were designed for long throw machines.

Also, I don't see why LC Thin Pros wouldn't work as well.

If you do not use the GG Boss pads, then LC HDO pads were designed for long throw machines.

Also, I don't see why LC Thin Pros wouldn't work as well.

Yep, I use the thin pros on mine and they work just fine. I like the Rupes yellow pad a lot as well.

Get the boss pads.... the yellows and orange. Good pads and made for your machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with going with the BOSS pads but as Bruno recommended, get some Rupes yellow as well. That pad is my hands down favorite!

I recently purchased a G15 as well and have started testing out different pads.

So far, I've used my existing LC Flat and Thin Pro pads, LC HDO pads, and a Rupes pad. My clear favorite at this point is the Rupes with the HDO coming in second. The form factor of the Rupes pad with the steeper taper to the sides allows me to get it into tighter areas than any of the other pads I listed. They also aren't quite as stiff as the HDO's which allows them to work better on surfaces which aren't perfectly flat.

I used the Flat and Thin Pro pads on my old HF polisher for years and I still have a stock of them in new/good shape. I'll continue to use them until they wear out, but through attrition, I'll now be moving to pads better suited for the job. Rupes yellow will be my weapon of choice unless I need stronger correction.

Back