Tire cleaning product that won’t stain polished aluminum

Coatingsarecrack

Reaction score
Looking for a product to deep scrub dirty tires that won’t stain polish aluminum. Also is there something that i can clean them with that won’t harm them?

I got TufShine for tires but it says may stain.... assuming the same for my 303.

To clean wheels i got Meg’s ultimate (color changing), brake buster and iron removers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

•Whenever I’m in doubt about using
a tire cleaning product that may stain
or harm wheels in any way whatsoever...

-I turn to products that I’ve found will
not only effectively clean tires, but are
also safe for every type of wheel—and
or wheel coating—on the market today.

They are none other but:
• P21S Wheel Cleaners
• S100 Special Performance
Gel Wheel Cleaner

Bob

•Whenever I’m in doubt about using
a tire cleaning product that may stain
or harm wheels in any way whatsoever...

-I turn to products that I’ve found will
not only effectively clean tires, but are
also safe for every type of wheel—and
or wheel coating—on the market today.

They are none other but:
• P21S Wheel Cleaners
• S100 Special Performance
Gel Wheel Cleaner

Bob

I will have to check them out.

Dr. Beasley's wheel cleanser is a great product. I've used it on several wheel types and no issues.

Dr. Beasley's wheel cleanser is a great product. I've used it on several wheel types and no issues.

Thinking of ordering their decon spray that you wipe off may add this. My only issues with them is i can’t get gallons.

b349a4435b40076d1bd7729e312a796b.jpg

Wheel in question.....

Yep…using the P21S/S100 Wheel Cleaners
to clean the tires, will not cause any harm
to those wheels.

Bob

What about APC? I will order one or the other if i donMt have anything that will work in my arsenal. Not wanting to wait to do this.

So for those who have this question or see this thread in the future I ended up using P&S Brake Buster at full strength.

Sorry i thought I took a pic but of it cleaning (turning brown) but I didn’t. If you look at front tire in pic you can see the tire looks dirty. It’s not it’s browning from tire dressings.

Brake buster got it looking black (well grey) again. Didn’t pit anything on them so will try to add a clean pic before I coat or dress tomorrow.

BB did a good job and P&S says safe for all wheels. Didn’t look like it affected wheels but will post back tomorrow.

d98394c7ad2409427a8c6a2aa98a7d4e.jpg

Yep…using the P21S/S100 Wheel Cleaners
to clean the tires, will not cause any harm
to those wheels.

Bob

I'm with Bob on this, the S100 line is made for Motorcyles and motorcycles tend to have a lot of polished and uncoated aluminum. And they should work fairly well to clean tire sidewalls.

What about APC? I will order one or the other if i don't have anything that will work in my arsenal. Not wanting to wait to do this.

I think any APC is going to dull polished aluminum versus not do anything at all.

Maybe look at Optimum Power Clean or Dawn dish washing soap?

And of course - a good brush. Or like me, machine scrub.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been offline working and traveling and then I took a day off to recharge the batteries.

Who's going? Southern Detailer's Conference - June 5th & 6th - Lexington, Kentucky

:cheers:

Back