Need some advice

Fye456

Reaction score
Hi there, I am a weekend warrior when it comes to detailing. I just picked up a rust free black 2006 GMC sierra.

I am looking for advice on a good all in one scratch and swirl remover to use, I am not looking for 100% correction or anything like that. Just a good one step I can use with a dual action polisher. Which I will follow with a good sealant. I will be washing and claying first of course.

3D One
Turtle Wax One and Done
Griot's Correcting Cream

All quality correction fluids that will get the results you are looking for

Hi there, I am a weekend warrior when it comes to detailing. I just picked up a rust free black 2006 GMC sierra.

I am looking for advice on a good all in one scratch and swirl remover to use, I am not looking for 100% correction or anything like that. Just a good one step I can use with a dual action polisher. Which I will follow with a good sealant. I will be washing and claying first of course.

Those are hard to find not rusted out.....coulda sold ya mine haha.

What machine/pads are you going to be using?

Also...as i was just looking through your previous older posts it seems youve asked this question b4 multiple times about needing a 1step.

So did you ever end up getting and trying a 1step?? If so which did you go with?

I like 3D Speed

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I'm confused why are so many people suggesting an AIO? He's going to apply a stand alone sealant. I think he will get more results from a medium polish with not protection...AIO's have their place...honestly confused here lol

I am looking for advice on a good all in one scratch and swirl remover to use, I am not looking for 100% correction or anything like that. Just a good one step I can use with a dual action polisher.

I'm confused why are so many people suggesting an AIO? He's going to apply a stand alone sealant. I think he will get more results from a medium polish with not protection...AIO's have their place...honestly confused here lol

That's why

Ok, i'm not trying to upset anyone.

If he's going to polish his car AND apply a sealant it makes little sense to me to use an AIO. He will get a lot more correction with a 1-step using 3D One for instance and then he can apply his sealant. The car will look better and the sealant will last longer. Win/win.

I am a weekend warrior also....for a number of years...also I am an old timer...looking for an easy on and off product....I and a LOT of members here have been using Blackfire One Step...It cleans Polishes and protects...AIO...also top it with Blackfire SIO2 paint sealant...all I can say my car looks great..

I am a weekend warrior also....for a number of years...also I am an old timer...looking for an easy on and off product....I and a LOT of members here have been using Blackfire One Step...It cleans Polishes and protects...AIO...also top it with Blackfire SIO2 paint sealant...all I can say my car looks great..

Waxes don't layer. I'm not saying it doesn't look good. I really enjoy AIO's too but i wouldn't apply any thing over it other then a quick spray wax/sealant. AIO's are super nice to work with but they will not remove defects like a true one step like 3D One and lake orange or rupes yellow. Thats just the way it is. :)

If they ever came out with an AIO that cut like 3D one and lasted 6 mths i think it would be hugely popular product. :)

For some context: Close to 2 mths ago i polished my bonnet with gyeon primer which is an AIO but with sio2 protection, the next day i topped it will polish angel high gloss. However, supposely a sio2 primer will bond to a top coat of my sio2. But that besides the point. That was just a quick polish, it left some light water spots it was that light of a cut but soon i will 1 step the bonnet with 3D1 and laydown a high solid coating. You want bare paint.

Waxes don't layer. I'm not saying it doesn't look good. I really enjoy AIO's too but i wouldn't apply any thing over it other then a quick spray wax/sealant. AIO's are super nice to work with but they will not remove defects like a true one step like 3D One and lake orange or rupes yellow. Thats just the way it is. :)

If they ever came out with an AIO that cut like 3D one and lasted 6 mths i think it would be hugely popular product. :)

For some context: Close to 2 mths ago i polished my bonnet with gyeon primer which is an AIO but with sio2 protection, the next day i topped it will polish angel high gloss. However, supposely a sio2 primer will bond to a top coat of my sio2. But that besides the point. That was just a quick polish, it left some light water spots it was that light of a cut but soon i will 1 step the bonnet with 3D1 and laydown a high solid coating. You want bare paint.

No, they will not remove as severe a defect as a dedicated polish, but they certainly will remove a good deal of them. Including the most common ones many are concerned with. (Swirls, lights RIDS and topical water-spotting).

Back