PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

Fye456
07-28-2021, 10:29 PM
Hi there, I am a weekend warrior when it comes to detailing. I just picked up a rust free black 2006 GMC sierra.

I am looking for advice on a good all in one scratch and swirl remover to use, I am not looking for 100% correction or anything like that. Just a good one step I can use with a dual action polisher. Which I will follow with a good sealant. I will be washing and claying first of course.

glen e
07-28-2021, 11:06 PM
Blackfire one step is a fav here, good stuff

SNP209
07-29-2021, 04:02 AM
3D One
Turtle Wax One and Done
Griot's Correcting Cream

All quality correction fluids that will get the results you are looking for

opie
07-29-2021, 04:16 AM
Hi there, I am a weekend warrior when it comes to detailing. I just picked up a rust free black 2006 GMC sierra.

I am looking for advice on a good all in one scratch and swirl remover to use, I am not looking for 100% correction or anything like that. Just a good one step I can use with a dual action polisher. Which I will follow with a good sealant. I will be washing and claying first of course.

Those are hard to find not rusted out.....coulda sold ya mine haha.

What machine/pads are you going to be using?

Also...as i was just looking through your previous older posts it seems youve asked this question b4 multiple times about needing a 1step.

So did you ever end up getting and trying a 1step?? If so which did you go with?

Klasse Act
07-29-2021, 05:06 AM
I like 3D Speed[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Black Bowtie
07-29-2021, 07:18 AM
Blackfire One Step.

noorth
07-29-2021, 07:22 AM
I'm confused why are so many people suggesting an AIO? He's going to apply a stand alone sealant. I think he will get more results from a medium polish with not protection...AIO's have their place...honestly confused here lol

98CayenneTA
07-29-2021, 07:55 AM
I am looking for advice on a good all in one scratch and swirl remover to use, I am not looking for 100% correction or anything like that. Just a good one step I can use with a dual action polisher.

I'm confused why are so many people suggesting an AIO? He's going to apply a stand alone sealant. I think he will get more results from a medium polish with not protection...AIO's have their place...honestly confused here lol

That's why

noorth
07-29-2021, 08:01 AM
Ok, i'm not trying to upset anyone.

If he's going to polish his car AND apply a sealant it makes little sense to me to use an AIO. He will get a lot more correction with a 1-step using 3D One for instance and then he can apply his sealant. The car will look better and the sealant will last longer. Win/win.

Bobby B.
07-29-2021, 03:26 PM
Blackfire One Step is super easy to work with and offers great results. I like to top with Blackfire BlackICE Hybrid Liquid Wax, but you can top it with a Paint Sealant.

BLACKFIRE One Step 16 oz. (https://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-one-step-16.html)

BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Liquid Wax (https://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-liquid-blackice.html)

The POWER of BLACKFIRE One Step - American Graffiti - 1931 Ford 5-Window Coupe - Extreme Paint Correction (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-to-articles-by-mike-phillips/129793-power-blackfire-one-step-american-graffiti-1931-ford-5-window-coupe-extreme-paint-correction.html)

weekend warrior
07-29-2021, 03:40 PM
I am a weekend warrior also....for a number of years...also I am an old timer...looking for an easy on and off product....I and a LOT of members here have been using Blackfire One Step...It cleans Polishes and protects...AIO...also top it with Blackfire SIO2 paint sealant...all I can say my car looks great..

noorth
07-30-2021, 05:27 AM
I am a weekend warrior also....for a number of years...also I am an old timer...looking for an easy on and off product....I and a LOT of members here have been using Blackfire One Step...It cleans Polishes and protects...AIO...also top it with Blackfire SIO2 paint sealant...all I can say my car looks great..

Waxes don't layer. I'm not saying it doesn't look good. I really enjoy AIO's too but i wouldn't apply any thing over it other then a quick spray wax/sealant. AIO's are super nice to work with but they will not remove defects like a true one step like 3D One and lake orange or rupes yellow. Thats just the way it is. :)

If they ever came out with an AIO that cut like 3D one and lasted 6 mths i think it would be hugely popular product. :)

For some context: Close to 2 mths ago i polished my bonnet with gyeon primer which is an AIO but with sio2 protection, the next day i topped it will polish angel high gloss. However, supposely a sio2 primer will bond to a top coat of my sio2. But that besides the point. That was just a quick polish, it left some light water spots it was that light of a cut but soon i will 1 step the bonnet with 3D1 and laydown a high solid coating. You want bare paint.

PaulMys
07-30-2021, 05:52 PM
Waxes don't layer. I'm not saying it doesn't look good. I really enjoy AIO's too but i wouldn't apply any thing over it other then a quick spray wax/sealant. AIO's are super nice to work with but they will not remove defects like a true one step like 3D One and lake orange or rupes yellow. Thats just the way it is. :)

If they ever came out with an AIO that cut like 3D one and lasted 6 mths i think it would be hugely popular product. :)

For some context: Close to 2 mths ago i polished my bonnet with gyeon primer which is an AIO but with sio2 protection, the next day i topped it will polish angel high gloss. However, supposely a sio2 primer will bond to a top coat of my sio2. But that besides the point. That was just a quick polish, it left some light water spots it was that light of a cut but soon i will 1 step the bonnet with 3D1 and laydown a high solid coating. You want bare paint.

No, they will not remove as severe a defect as a dedicated polish, but they certainly will remove a good deal of them. Including the most common ones many are concerned with. (Swirls, lights RIDS and topical water-spotting).