Exoforma drying towel

Don M

Reaction score
I need a new drying towel, the one I have is smaller and seems to be worn out...I have to get it wet and wring it out like a chamois for it to work and it seems like I have to wring it out more and more often as I dry my cars and it's been leaving streaks of water behind. I have to wipe my cars more than I like to. It's an older no-name waffle weave towel, that's just not getting it anymore. It's about 14" X 14."

This exoforma towel keeps popping up in my FaceBook feed. It's 24" X 36" looks very plush and retails around $25. The video demo looks promising, but then again, it's FaceBook advertising and just about everything I see advertised on FB is not that great - product wise.

Would this be worth getting or should I look elsewhere?

Last edited by a moderator:
Never heard of that one, Don. But why guess?

Myself, I would get a Griot's PFM and be done with it. Proven performance, and there are hundreds of Geeks that agree.

The Pure Freakin' Magic drying towel is aptly named......... :)

You can get a PFM for around same price which has been reviewed well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can get a PFM for around same price which has been reviewed well

Even the larger ones (which can run $45) are worth it. You'll have them for years with proper care, and they will still work like new.

(I am on season 6 with my large PFM, and season 3 with the XL).

^^^what he said!^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

There are only two drying towels that anyone should consider, the Griots PFM and the Speed Master Notorius D.R.Y. Wait until there is a sale on Autogeek or accumulate enough points for a free one.

Looking at the link it is a twisted loop drying towel, same as Griots. I have not tried a twisted loop that has not performed well for me.

But as I said before, you can get a Griots for around the same price and they are tried and true.

My biggest issue with that towel is they’re not listing the gsm. Might be a decent towel but if it’s only 500-700 gsm, it’s going to get saturated quickly

There are only two drying towels that anyone should consider, the Griots PFM and the Speed Master Notorius D.R.Y. Wait until there is a sale on Autogeek or accumulate enough points for a free one.

I agree 100%.

Thanks to all who responded, I don't think I can wait until a sale though, my current towel is shot.

Looking at the link it is a twisted loop drying towel, same as Griots. I have not tried a twisted loop that has not performed well for me.

But as I said before, you can get a Griots for around the same price and they are tried and true.

This couldn’t be further from the truth. I just bought a towel the looks like it should be great but in fact sucks. That’s what I get for thinking I scored a deal on Amazon. The towel is crap.

eced3b1a65172819784b2973af8f9d2a.jpg

Thanks to all who responded, I don't think I can wait until a sale though, my current towel is shot.

All this time on AG and your only drying towel is an old 14x14 waffle weave? And your 1st thought is to buy a towel elsewhere? Smh

All this time on AG and your only drying towel is an old 14x14 waffle weave? And your 1st thought is to buy a towel elsewhere? Smh

Not my first thought, just curious because it keeps popping up and reminded me I need a new, good one. My waffle weave was working ok up until a week or so ago.

Not my first thought, just curious because it keeps popping up and reminded me I need a new, good one. My waffle weave was working ok up until a week or so ago.

I’d recommend the 20x32” Notorious Dry Towel. Similar in size to what you’ve had but a little bigger and guaranteed to dry many times better. You’ll wonder why you waited so long.

Speed Master The Notorious D.R.Y. Towel - 20" x 32"

This couldn’t be further from the truth. I just bought a towel the looks like it should be great but in fact sucks. That’s what I get for thinking I scored a deal on Amazon. The towel is crap.

eced3b1a65172819784b2973af8f9d2a.jpg

Um.... no.... it is actual truth... i didn’t say Eldarado2k experienced all the Twisted loop performing the same..... I said I did.... which is the truth.

All i’ve tried have dried my Mustang and Camaro completely.

I have a 20x30 duplex 520gsm which is pretty light that i got from MTM for $6. I wasn’t expecting to perform great but got to use with drying aids to spare my PFM’s.

Figured I’d probably need 2 per car as low of gsm that they were. One dried my whole car with and
W/o a drying aid.

I also said all twisted loop MF towels. Looking at the picture it doesn’t look like twisted loop to me but.......

Sorry you had a bad experience with that cheap Amazon knock off towel. You should send it back.

OP’s original post (twisted loop)

5a28c4dcfb18075f7a1b2afc95a23170.jpg

Your towel (not?)

32c8c02f57e8f29baea17f8d5396706a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using

Um.... no.... it is actual truth... i didn’t say Eldarado2k experienced all the Twisted loop performing the same..... I said I did.... which is the truth.

All i’ve tried have dried my Mustang and Camaro completely.

I have a 20x30 duplex 520gsm which is pretty light that i got from MTM for $6. I wasn’t expecting to perform great but got to use with drying aids to spare my PFM’s.

Figured I’d probably need 2 per car as low of gsm that they were. One dried my whole car with and
W/o a drying aid.

I also said all twisted loop MF towels. Looking at the picture it doesn’t look like twisted loop to me but.......

Sorry you had a bad experience with that cheap Amazon knock off towel. You should send it back.

OP’s original post (twisted loop)

5a28c4dcfb18075f7a1b2afc95a23170.jpg

Your towel (not?)

32c8c02f57e8f29baea17f8d5396706a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using

I’d be willing to bet there’s a twisted loop towel out there that sucks.

Not my first thought, just curious because
it keeps popping up and reminded me I
need a new, good one.

My waffle weave was working ok
up until a week or so ago.
I know that if I had a waffle weave drying
towel that I liked—because it worked (until
being determined as becoming too worn out
for that purpose)—I would’ve just gone ahead
and bought another one; or perhaps a dozen.

Time’s awasting!!

Bob

Back