Meguiar's M205 vs. M210

Tieguy77

Reaction score
Hi All,

Tried to get a straight answer out of Meguiar's about the differences between the 2 products and didn't have much luck. I've always used 205 on my cars and my most recent is a silver Lexus GX470. I thought I would be "upgrading" a bit by using the 210 for my polishing step. Did I make a mistake?

No heavy corrections needed, so I planned on using the 210 after claying and prior to sealing.

Very confused here. I would appreciate any advice folks may have.

Thank you!

The two are very similar with 210 being slightly finer. 205 always worked well for me but there are reports of it not finishing very well on soft paint. Personally, I never experienced that. The 210 is supposed to address that concern.

I think either will work equally well in most cases.

The two are very similar with 210 being slightly finer. 205 always worked well for me but there are reports of it not finishing very well on soft paint. Personally, I never experienced that. The 210 is supposed to address that concern.

I think either will work equally well in most cases.

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate it!

Of course I probably should have asked.....Can the 210 be used on it's own instead of as a follow up to 110?

Of course I probably should have asked.....Can the 210 be used on it's own instead of as a follow up to 110?

210 is a finishing polish.

So if you do not need much correction, then of course.

Back