Miata

gotgone

Reaction score
Ordered a pc and pad kit today. Also getting PB SSR2.5 and 1.0. My black miata has a bad case of swirls. I didn't realize there were swirls till I backed it out of the garage yesterday. I had just finished putting on 2 coats of Duragloss 651 and 105. I plan on washing and claying before trying to remove the swirls. Nothing will be done till I do some practicing with the pc on something besides the car. My question is would using something like Dawn be good for stripping all of the wax off, before staring the process. Thanks for any suggestions.

I know Zaino instructs their product users to first wash the car using Dawn to remove any wax or sealant residue for a clean surface to begin working on. But more recently I've heard that using Dawn can dry out rubber seals and like materials on your car. I figure if you want to be sure the surface of the car is clean just wash it twice and use extra soap in your bucket. At least it's meant for cars and won't dry out the seals.

Dawn is often recommended for stripping all old wax and sealants and it won't hurt anything when used occasionally in this manner. That said, between the claying and polishing you won't have any old wax or sealant left anyway.

Don't be scared of the PC, it's almost idiot proof. If you can figure out which side of the pad to put on the paint, you should be fine.

Thanks for the advice. I am a little nervous about this. I hope I got the correct products. The miata has black single stage paint so I am thinking about trying the polish and white pad first. Any thoughts?

Back