IMAGE Auto Detail-Built Eclipse

imageautodetail

Reaction score
This car has a funny story to it, I know it has been asked about because it has been in the background of alot of pix that I have taken, it was brought to the tuner shop about 5 years ago to be rebuilt and was never picked up. One of the techs decided to do all the neccesary paperwork to aquire the title and finish the build. It is somewhere around 300 hp as it sits, big turbo software etc. There is a 600 hp engine on its way along with spray and with it being AWD it will definitely put it to the ground.

It is a 96 or 97 with 45k on it and has lived in a tuner shop in and outside for about 5 years, there was so much dust just caked to it that I went thru about 8 razor blades to get the windows clean.

Exterior
Citrus soak
wash/clay/wash/rinse

Megs wheel brightner on the wheels
purple clean degreaser ww/tires

Cut pad and Diamond cut at 1200-1500
Swirl free polish at 1200 with solo polish pad
speed glaze on 6 with a finish pad on pc
paint sealent with finish pad at 800
day later topped with #26 and then a coat of 50/50 paste wax

instashine on ww/ ultra blue II on tires
sprayway glass cleaner

note I did not do the engine bay do to the future swap, I will update with new pics of the big par motor.

As it sat

IMAGEAutoDetailMitsuLouisville.jpg

IMAGEAutoDetailMitsuLouisville1.jpg

IMAGEAutoDetailMitsuLouisville2.jpg

IMAGEAutoDetailMitsuLouisville4.jpg

IMAGEAutoDetailMitsuLouisville3.jpg

IMAGEAutoDetailMitsuLouisville26.jpg

IMAGEAutoDetailMitsuLouisville27.jpg

Paint work and polishing

prep and befores

IMAGEAutoDetailMitsuLouisville12.jpg

IMAGEAutoDetailMitsuLouisville14.jpg

IMAGEAutoDetailMitsuLouisville15.jpg

IMAGEAutoDetailMitsuLouisville16.jpg

IMAGEAutoDetailMitsuLouisville17.jpg

IMAGEAutoDetailMitsuLouisville18.jpg

IMAGEAutoDetailMitsuLouisville19.jpg

IMAGEAutoDetailMitsuLouisville20.jpg

After polishing

IMAGEAutoDetailMitsuLouisville44.jpg

IMAGEAutoDetailMitsuLouisville45.jpg

IMAGEAutoDetailMitsuLouisville46.jpg

IMAGEAutoDetailMitsuLouisville47.jpg

IMAGEAutoDetailMitsuLouisville52.jpg

more to come....

Wow!..Awesome detail!..I have me one of those too. But mines is only 500hp. What did you use to get that grime off the seats? It looked like it was a huge pain as I work on these cars all the time and I always get the interior greasy. Though mines isnt the tan but the grey interior.

Did the tuner shop build this?...Umm.. A vented bov with a drawthrew maf based car. I think they should know better than that.

wow... amazing work. If the guy who owns it ever comes back he would never think that is the same car. lol

nice job...im curious about the seats as well

Man, what a fantastic turn-around. After all the work you put into this car, I hope the owner doesn't show up to claim ownership after all the time it sat at your shop. And that interior, wow.

Did the tuner shop build this?...Umm.. A vented bov with a drawthrew maf based car. I think they should know better than that.

It could be running MAF translator Pro which technically turns it into a BAR system, so it can VTA with the BOV. Its very common in the DSM and Evo world.

Regardless, incredible turn around!!! I would love to have one of those as a DD, so I could put my Evo away and keep the mileage off it yet still drive in the snow with it.

Great job on that Eclipse! Man, this was my dream car! Being a teenager in high school I always wanted red Eclipse...but bought '95 Nissan 240SX as my first car.

It could be running MAF translator Pro which technically turns it into a BAR system, so it can VTA with the BOV. Its very common in the DSM and Evo world.

Regardless, incredible turn around!!! I would love to have one of those as a DD, so I could put my Evo away and keep the mileage off it yet still drive in the snow with it.

Yea I highly doubt he is running a maft pro. If he was he would of long gotten ride of the factory maf as it replaces the entire unit. The pro unit effectively swaps a car over to speed density while the regular maft unit allows the use of a gm 3" or 3.5" maf in blow-threw mode. I know how common it is but it is also common for people to vent their bovs with out caring either.

He was working on getting the right BOV adapter to recirculate it. It was put together by some else before the owner got it.

Back