PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Ford paint, hardness?

Odrapnew
01-23-2022, 01:48 PM
I'm looking forward to warmer weather so I can tackle the paint my my new to me 2018 Edge Sport.

I know tests spots will be the final answer, but does anyone have experience with somewhat modern Ford paint?

I have a GG6 with LC microfiber, orange and white pads.

I was thinking of some Griots Correcting and Perfecting creams, but I do have a bottle of Megs ultimate polish if that would be good enough to save me a few $$.

I havent decided if I be doing a coating or just use my Griots 3in1.

The paint looks decent, but I haven't had a chance to really look at it.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=74922&d=1642788653

Sizzle Chest
01-23-2022, 05:43 PM
In my experience it has been on the medium to soft side. Nice looking SUV!

Coatingsarecrack
01-24-2022, 01:01 AM
I don’t know if color makes a difference but in my shadow black 16 Mustang I’d agree with Sizzle.

Griots correcting cream took care of the heavy swirls and Most RIDS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlc95
01-24-2022, 06:18 AM
Haven't used any Griot's, but I will always love Ultimate Polish. Probably the polish I've used the most since 2013.

Odrapnew
01-24-2022, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the input.
I'll probably pick up some correcting cream when the time comes and just use the ultimate polish.

I used ultimate compound and polish on my Golf R, but my most aggressive combination (UC and microfiber pad) still required going over each section 2x to get the correction I needed. The polish worked great for cleaning up the minimal hazing.

Before I buy anything new, I plan to do a few tests spots with the UP and the pads I have, just to see where it goes. Maybe I'll get lucky and only need the polish.

BudgetPlan1
01-24-2022, 05:02 PM
Did a ton of Ford Race Red Paint from 2016 through 2021. If I recall correctly Griots Correcting Cream did nicely w/ a B & S Uro Fiber for a little more 'medium' range stuff, Sonax PF with yellow Rupes for lighter stuff. Did the metallic Ruby Red around 2018 and was 'normal' to me, Sonax PF/yellow rupes on no-so-beat-up stuff.