Do you have a mix that you like to use?

MAXBKS

Reaction score
Mine is WG Uber Sio2 (blue) that after mixing 3 oz to one gallon of distilled water I mix 2 parts of this with 1 part Meguiars D-156 (x-press wax).

Also use same 2 to 1 mix using Bead maker instead of Meguiars.

Makes great detail spray.

Meguiars spray on pickup over Collinite 476.

Beadmaker concoction on car over WG Sio2 paint sealant.

View attachment 75148
9185e7224101075eec93b644cd923367.jpg
051851235d7f04b39bf3d468403aca1e.jpg
d969c5e87d9bc3e33b01afb6f1a6982a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

i usually don't like to mix products because you take away the characteristics/performance of one product or the other. i have mixed a few qd's that i was running low on and put both into one bottle and used it up, but haven't done that (or mix products) since then which was many years ago...

I use to use the elixer concoction but find it streaky. I may try again with different sio2 sealants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elixir-works great

4oz/4oz ECH20/Reload and 56 ozof distilled water

1 gallon of distilled, 2 oz of Klasse sealant glaze and 2 oz of Wolfgang Uber rinseless wash (or Duragloss RW) I've used other RW with various results

This is commonly known as "Franken Detailer"

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Elixir-works great

4oz/4oz ECH20/Reload and 56 ozof distilled water

Elixir has been my latest interest. Reviews seem very positive and per Brian at Apex it even works well on interiors. I like products I can use for multiple purposes.

Nope!

I tend to stick to manufacturer intentions.

Years ago I did mix Kiwi Carnauba Paste, Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell paste, and some Mother's liquid Carnauba Wax in a tin.

Unimpressed.

Uber Sio2 WW seems to mix well with other products. Personally, I have been using Uber Sio2 waterless wash mixed with 1/2 ox. of Polish Angel High Gloss....adds just a little more pop with my detail.

I'm a purist and don't like to play backyard chemist. :)

Back