Gyeon Pure Evo

rover137

Reaction score
Some of you may know I didn’t have the best experience with a coating a couple weeks ago.

This weekend I polished the car (again!) and applied Gyeon Pure Evo. Scholls S30 and an Orange SDO was enough to remove the previous coating. I made made sure to keep my pads real clean as I think the coating residue was marring my soft black paint. I got it to a point where I had my paint looking as it was pre coating before. Now for the coating - I really enjoyed the application. This was a much better experience and it went as expected (and as I expected my first one to go). I played around with wipe off times and 3-4 mins was the sweet spot for me with my conditions, but I can attest to the 10 min wipe off time Gyeon claim. I had 1-2 really small high spots maybe an hr after application and they came off easy enough. Also, there was one small section I redid as I wanted that area to be double coated. I tested this out and was able to level it maybe 30-40 mins after! Temp was around 20c and 60% humidity - hotter and more humid than it was with my first coating.

The coating goes on thick and I consciously tried to put it on as thick as it would allow. After a few sections I decided on using a 3rd towel for one final wipe and this worked really well as towels do load up quite a bit.

I didn’t do whole panels at a time but I was able to work the timing so as to leap frog my application. I would apply to half a door for example, load up the applicator and apply the other half then come back and wipe off these two sections.

Car looks glossy, almost like dipped in glass as some have described it.

All in all this experience was much better and the one I wish I’d had from my first coating 2 weeks ago. For anyone on the fence about this coating, I really do recommend it. It has ‘reset’ my experience with coatings I guess you could say. Next I’m trying Gyeon Syncro Evo on our other car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you didn't give up, it will inspire someone in the same situation, all because YOU didn't give up

Let's see some

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Glad you didn't give up, it will inspire someone in the same situation, all because YOU didn't give up

Let's see some

Haha thanks mate! It was on the cards there for a while! It was worth redoing as it also reset my coating experience.

I have a couple but they are straight after and not the best lighting/angles. I’ll see if there are any I’m happy with. I need to take some good ones over the next few days!

I only have a couple pics that are even close to being worthy. Will get some better ones in the coming days!

ddbaa17adf954b277a35f52d05f7a14f.jpg

56e6195a0abd23eca09d286473ffdafb.jpg

I only have a couple pics that are even close to being worthy. Will get some better ones in the coming days!

ddbaa17adf954b277a35f52d05f7a14f.jpg

56e6195a0abd23eca09d286473ffdafb.jpg
I can see that's a Hyundai but which model? I love those rims and they're the same ones available on the 2019-20 Elantra GT N-line️It's another wheel from Hyundai I wouldn't change out.

I should tell you that I'm looking to coat my Elantra N. I've got TAC system power plus right now but it's over 4 yrs old, so I'm leaning towards something new and fresh. This thread has me leaning towards Gyeon PURE Evo, thank you

I can see that's a Hyundai but which model? I love those rims and they're the same ones available on the 2019-20 Elantra GT N-line️It's another wheel from Hyundai I wouldn't change out.

I should tell you that I'm looking to coat my Elantra N. I've got TAC system power plus right now but it's over 4 yrs old, so I'm leaning towards something new and fresh. This thread has me leaning towards Gyeon PURE Evo, thank you

It’s an i30 Nline and comes with the 1.6L turbo. Great car and I really enjoy it! I love the Ns, wish I’d spent that little bit more and got one! I really like the wheels on the new 2022 i30
N. I think our models vary slightly here.
I think it’s one of the best consumer coatings on the market at the moment (pending durability being as Gyeon claims). It really was easy to work with and it looks fantastic.

It’s an i30 Nline and comes with the 1.6L turbo. Great car and I really enjoy it! I love the Ns, wish I’d spent that little bit more and got one! I really like the wheels on the new 2022 i30
N. I think our models vary slightly here.
I think it’s one of the best consumer coatings on the market at the moment (pending durability being as Gyeon claims). It really was easy to work with and it looks fantastic.

Yeah I'm going to have to do the coating outside, I hope it goes ok I'll be doing major prep beforehand too, just hope it's overcast that day so I can work straight through. If not, I'll do what I can before the sun is shining where I'm working and then turn my attention to the interior as I've got the Colourlock kit for my suade seat inserts and door panels and Gyeon Leather Shield for the leather trimmed seats, steering wheel and shiftknob.

A 2020 Elantra GT N-line
32ef82f9b77c0796cbf1a52d76210400.jpg

Yeah I'm going to have to do the coating outside, I hope it goes ok I'll be doing major prep beforehand too, just hope it's overcast that day so I can work straight through. If not, I'll do what I can before the sun is shining where I'm working and then turn my attention to the interior as I've got the Colourlock kit for my suade seat inserts and door panels and Gyeon Leather Shield for the leather trimmed seats, steering wheel and shiftknob.

I know Gyeon do say their coatings are out door friendly. Be good to get some feedback from someone who has used it outside. From what I experienced and the temperature and humidity at the time, I don’t think it’s a stretch to being able to use it outside - in the shade of course. It’s the prep that is the killer! I did everything again this time around minus the chemical and mechanical decon.

That is pretty much my car! Your Elantra GT Nline is basically our i30 Nline from the looks of it. Not sure on interior, tech, engine etc though.

Good to hear! I love PURE and can also attest that the newer formula in PURE EVO is even better. My first use of it was on this 1983 Porsche.

original.jpg

Good to hear! I love PURE and can also attest that the newer formula in PURE EVO is even better. My first use of it was on this 1983 Porsche.

original.jpg
Sexx right there

What do you think about applying this outside

original.jpg

Thank you! Wow that’s a nice car. Makes me want to go play GT7!

original.jpg
Pure track car, right?

I had actually been looking at this, among others, as a first coating attempt although I am not ready to commit yet

What towels did you use and are they trashed and need tossing out after applying this coating?

Thanks

Seems like a short nap towel is best for initial removal and a slightly more plush one for final buff/leveling. I'm looking forward to process very soon hopefully

Sexx right there

What do you think about applying this outside

Thanks! It is a sexy red 911 for sure. So long as the weather is overcast and/or the car isn't in direct sun, you'll be fine. I use it in my garage with the door up all the time.

Thank you! Wow that’s a nice car. Makes me want to go play GT7!

Thanks! She's a keeper

Pure track car, right?

Nope. His daily driver. He has a Z06 done up for track days. Testarossa is his weekend car. This, as nice as it is, a daily driver.

I had actually been looking at this, among others, as a first coating attempt although I am not ready to commit yet
What towels did you use and are they trashed and need tossing out after applying this coating?

I use the suede-like orange CarPro MF towels to remove my coatings. NO, they do NOT need nor should they be trashed. They wash up just fine. The only ones that will need to be tossed are the applicator ones.

Daily driver that low, especially the rear

Daily driver that low, especially the rear

Yep. This is set up as a static height. Still on torsion bars and shocks. I t does have beefier torsion bars in it though.

He just moved to Irvine California so there's that.

Yep. This is set up as a static height. Still on torsion bars and shocks. I t does have beefier torsion bars in it though.

He just moved to Irvine California so there's that.
Oh well out there I guess you get away being that low

Thanks

I use The Rag Company 300 Edgeless towels which work really well with coatings and are cheap to buy in bulk.
When I did my first coating I saved my second wipe towels. I threw them straight into a bucket with towel wash and APC and they turned out pretty good. I just used them for wheels after that. Since then I’ve just been tossing them as I have so many of those ‘general use’ and ‘dirty job’ towels and they are so cheap to buy new.

Back