Clay bar lube

dieselfan1

Reaction score
It finally is warmer here in MN. I want to get my new High Country dialed in. I just put some new 22x10 Fuel wheels and Michelins on it along with a Borla Touring catback setup. Makes the 6.2 sound way better than stock.
Anyways I've got 8 bottles of this stuff I never use. I won a case of it at a truck show a couple years ago. Can I use it for clay bar lube?
I plan on claying , alcohol (diluted) wipe down, griots correcting cream with a blue lake country 5.5 pad on my PC 7424xp. Then a layer of griots best of show wax .
11e9e910113213f8be834eaa6e858fbd.jpg
1999192a0a97b4c590abfa1fbe3a5251.jpg
f74cd2d8f2f22f221a671aa1d9e5af1f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Give most of it away & make some friends
Then , get yourself a bucket of very soapy water & a large wash mitt, dont WASTE any $$ on any of those "specialty " clay lube products. Its just not necessary.

I bet she purrs like a lion. Never used that but have only used QD’s as cLay lube. Should be fine but do a test spot. Also you’ll be polishing after so not really gonna be a big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give most of it away & make some friends
Then , get yourself a bucket of very soapy water & a large wash mitt, dont WASTE any $$ on any of those "specialty " clay lube products. Its just not necessary.

If you don't go this route, I'd suggest getting some Wolfgang Uber concentrate and mixing it at the QD ratio, and using that. I'd also eliminate a step with the BOSS finishing sealant or a similar AIO.

My favorite clay lube is ONR in a spray bottle.

I tried soap water one time and the clay bar turned to mush. That's why I'm sticking with a quick detailer.

Back