‘22 Grand Cherokee Seats

abileneautoworx

Reaction score
Just bought a new Grand Cherokee WK2 and was wondering what leather/suede cleaner/protected I should use. I know it’s just cheap leather and suede if that’s what you want to call it but I want to keep it looking it’s best for as long as possible. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

I went down the Leather and Alcantara maintenance rabbit hole a short while back. All but the most expensive vehicles use an auto leather that is coated (similar to the clear coat on paint)and cleaning is the best maintenance, as soil on the surface will abrade that clear coating on the leather. Mild cleaners are recommended like Meguiars Quick interior detailer, McKees Fast Interior Detailer, or Diluted Optimum Opti-clean are popular choice.

I went down the Leather and Alcantara maintenance rabbit hole a short while back. All but the most expensive vehicles use an auto leather that is coated (similar to the clear coat on paint)and cleaning is the best maintenance, as soil on the surface will abrade that clear coating on the leather. Mild cleaners are recommended like Meguiars Quick interior detailer, McKees Fast Interior Detailer, or Diluted Optimum Opti-clean are popular choice.

Would any of those be safe for the suede type material in the middle of the seats.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Colourlock leather shield and clean with either their mile leather cleaner or any leather cleaner when needed.

If it’s alcantara just keep it clean. Sonax makes a product for it.

My car now has alcantera/micro suede all over the interior: seats, pads on the doors, and even one over the gauge cluster.

I went with the Dr. Beasely's alcantera products. I went with the Dr. Beaselys over Sonax because they have both a cleaner and a protectant, whereas the Sonax was only a cleaner.

Back