PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Mercedes c280 4 Matic Detail

cegcsg2
04-21-2008, 09:21 PM
OK so I have been mostly lurking for quite some time and I finally had a chance to do a detail after a long winter so I thought I would try and post some of my work.

This is a car that I have detailed once before. It belongs to my best and favorite customer, My Uncle. I have been detailing his cars just about as long as I have been driving, starting years ago with a blue ’85 Riviera he had back then.

It appears the exterior is not in bad condition at all. I gave this car a good detail and coat of Collinite last summer, but it has been a long harsh winter so I am kind of surprised. There was next to nothing for scratches or swirling. There are some bugs on the front fascia of course and under the hood was a bit dirty. The wheels weathered the winter quite well also.
The interior is a different story. The floor mats show signs of holding up to a winter of dirt and road salt making its way in on boots and there are remnants of pottery clay on the leather seats (My Aunt’s hobby. She makes some very nice coffee mugs, not to get all Christopher Lowell on everybody).

Anyway, here is my process:
Exterior:
• Wash using microfiber mitt and Meguiar’s Deep Crystal car wash. 2 bucket method.
• Degrease engine compartment using Simple Green and water 1:1, dry with leaf blower and dress with Meguiar’s Natural Shine.
• Clay with Meguiar’s clay bar, using a MF towel and Meguiar’s Last Touch spray detailer as a lube (1:1 with water).
• Wax with Collinite 845 Insulator wax. There was next to nothing needed for paint correction and the owner was more concerned with the interior so I turned my focus there.
• Wheels and tires cleaned with Simple Green 1:1 with water, scrubbed with a soft bristle brush. Shined the wheels with Meguiar’s Cleaner Wax, dressed the tires with Meguiar’s Natural Shine.
Interior:
• Carpeting in pretty good condition, did not need full shampoo, only some spot removal with Simple Green. Vacuumed using my Dayton wet dry vac.
• Floor mats were pretty rough though. These required a very thorough vac as well followed with shampooing. To shampoo I used Woolite mixed with water 10:1, applied through a foaming trigger sprayer and agitated using a Cyclo brush, which threads right into my PC 7424. Rinsed and extracted using the Dayton wet-dry vac.
• Glass cleaned with mf towel and Stoner’s Invisible Glass.
• Door Jambs wiped down with Meguiar’s Last Touch spray detailer.
• Vacuumed trunk.
• QD with Meguiar’s Last Touch spray detailer.
Feed back pleaseFeed back please

budman3
04-22-2008, 09:16 AM
Nice looking car and nice work. Yet another person using Woolite without any problems. Great job.

cegcsg2
04-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Thanks Budman!

Took the suggestion of woolite from this forum. Seemed to do a great job and a pretty economical way to go as well!