Can Coat or Net Shield

Dynoguy

Reaction score
What do you guys like better, I have been thinking of trying Net Shield or Can Coat ?

I have not used PNS, but from what I have read Can Coat is easier to apply. I'd go with CC.

PNS is half the cost of CanCoat Evo. It also claims to have half the durability (6 months vs 12 months). Both are wipe on/wipe off products.

So you'll have to decide which factor is most important to you.

For what it's worth, CanCoat Evo seems to be the more favorited one just because it consistently over delivers on performance.

CanCoat hands down. It will also add some hardness to the paint which is great for soft paints. PNS though can compete in the hydrophobics of cancoat.

I had real problems with the application of PNS. Cancoat far easier.

I would lean toward CanCoat Evo. I think the with respect to NetShield the technology (very good for its time) is a little outdated.

Love CanCoat.....it was my first LSP ever that was more than a coat of wax.

As for easy, i felt I had to work pretty quick, but not so much that I was panicking....ya just gotta keep moving.

After you wipe it on and then buff out the grabbiness, the feeling of slickness with CC is really gratifying. I didn't feel like it was a wet look, but it held up really well on my HD Street Glide

as for the months or years it lasted? no clue....2 or so years.....the important part to know is that it held up for for about 40k miles of riding (trailers....lol), 23 states, rain, hail, dust, dirt....it took some punishment....and I never boosted it or tried to reapply...just kept it clean with ECH2O

I currently have Can Coat Evo on my car and am really pleased. Appearance wise it looks like extra clear coat and it really is very easy to maintain. Six months in and easily another 6 months or more to go. As said above you just have to follow the instructions.

Back