PDA

View Full Version : Topping the topper - BSD onto of 3-in-1

chefwong
11-29-2022, 11:44 AM
In my stash, I uncovered a few bottle of Sonax BSD that I have totally forgotten.

Want to just use it up - as early winter topper on the hood and lower verts on the doors.
I'm kinda 50/50 on it. Not sure if the solvents in BSD will just diminish some of the 3-in-1 and I should just adhere to the rule of like=like.

CleanIT
11-29-2022, 11:59 AM
In my stash, I uncovered a few bottle of Sonax BSD that I have totally forgotten.

Want to just use it up - as early winter topper on the hood and lower verts on the doors.
I'm kinda 50/50 on it. Not sure if the solvents in BSD will just diminish some of the 3-in-1 and I should just adhere to the rule of like=like.

It's really a shot in the dark as to which products can adhere to others. You'll notice a bump in the beading quality if using BSD. 3 in1's best attribute is its durability.

chefwong
11-29-2022, 12:04 PM
Indeed on the beading comment. However, that is the ? going back to the OP. Will the solvents in BSD basically affect 3-in-1, which is is obviously the opposite of the intended goal of topping it up.

Once winter muck/salt sets in , I don't do anything except keep them well washed when the weather allows.

CleanIT
11-29-2022, 12:32 PM
Indeed on the beading comment. However, that is the ? going back to the OP. Will the solvents in BSD basically affect 3-in-1, which is is obviously the opposite of the intended goal of topping it up.

Once winter muck/salt sets in , I don't do anything except keep them well washed when the weather allows.

It's quite possible. I know with waxes, you can't layer. Layering actually removes the already existing layer.

chefwong
11-29-2022, 12:34 PM
I believe you have confirmed my initial thoughts then. Best to leave it alone

CleanIT
11-29-2022, 12:37 PM
I believe you have confirmed my initial thoughts then. Best to leave it alone

I probably would leave it alone too. I'm personally a purest with chemicals (even my oil changes) and prefer to use products from the same line that are known to work with one another.