Durrmaid extractors

bryansbestwax

Reaction score
Does anybody have or had a durrmaid extractor. I am looking to get one but I would like some feedback positive or negative

i had a durrmaid and didnt like it! had problems with it. sold it .. go with mytee extractors

DON'T BUY A DURRMAID!

I purchased one, and it turned into a $700 paper weight. I've since sold it on ebay for $250 but picked up an Aztec to replace it. As soon as I opened the box, I could tell that the Aztec is head and shoulders above the Durrmaid. Since using it over the last month, it's a much higher quality machine.

why would you post a danase link with the same extractor i posted that 100 dollars more?

why would you post a danase link with the same extractor i posted that 100 dollars more?
The Danase one is the Hot version with 50ft power cord ,16 ft hose and the stainless steel tool so its an upgraded version .plus the price also includes the shipping.

:whs:
this is what you want - Aztec: Hot Spotter [SBM-HS] - Portable Detailers - Auto Detailing[/quote

I have this same unit. It has taken my business to the next level. My only suggestion is, I do not put any chemicals in the unit. I use only water. I spray the carpets or mats with Folex. jmo

I'm like you I use the same process nothing but water in the unit. Pre treat with folex and my pc with brush attachment. works great.

you can order the upgraded version from the same site..the newer version is 18lbs dry weight while the older version is 22lbs dry weight..

1400 watt Heating Element ( Aztec: Hot Spotter ) [SBM-HS] Your Price: $538.00...Estimated shipping cost: $ 39.00

1600 Watt heating element ( (Upgraded Model) Your Price: $598.00
Guaranteed: We will beat their price....Estimated shipping cost: $ 40.00

you might want to look at the spec difference between the two machines in order to make a better educated guess..

Aztec: The Hot Rod Portable Spotter (Upgraded Model!) [HotRod] - Portable Detailers - Auto Detailing

Last edited:
Very interested in this unit. Does anyone have some before and after pics to get an idea of how big of an improvement you can get? Is it worth the extra $600 bucks or so for the larger Mytee standing units that have about 137" of lift?

I'd stay away from the Durrmaid. I had one for almost a year before it quit working. I thought since it was under warranty, I'd just get it fixed and keep using it. The Durrmaid owner blamed the pump failure on me so my only option was to pay for new parts. So, I was charged for parts AND shipping and was told installation of new parts was easy. Boy, was he wrong. I ended up selling mine on ebay with the new parts un-installed.

After doing more research, I learned that the Durrmaid is basically a cheapened version of the Aztec extractor, which I now have and I've had ZERO problems with it.

I've found that neither really have enough suction to get the cleaned areas as dry as I would expect.

With that said, I'm looking to upgrade to a bigger, more powerful unit. If you can afford a Mytee, go for it!

Last edited:
Very interested in this unit. Does anyone have some before and after pics to get an idea of how big of an improvement you can get? Is it worth the extra $600 bucks or so for the larger Mytee standing units that have about 137" of lift?

I'm sorry I forgot the post started with a question about the Durrmaid. I was actually looking into the Aztec one. I have now only the little green machine from Bissell and it doesnt do much, actually makes the carpets have a smell cause its not sucking up enough of the water.

Back