Dash coating by Gyeon or CarPro?

Texchappy

Reaction score
Do either Gyeon or CarPro offer a dash (etc) coating or long lasting protectant? Been using Gtechniq C6 dash but primarily use these two brands personally. If they don’t (or there’s something better), what out there performs superiorly?

No they do not. You could use Cquartz Leather or Gyeon Leather Shield if the dash is vinyl or leather. I have not used it on interior plastic. Look into Diamond Protech Diamond Interior or Dr. Beasley's Dash Pro. Diamond Interior will give the best look if you need restoration. Dash Pro has the best dust repellency.

No they do not. You could use Cquartz Leather or Gyeon Leather Shield if the dash is vinyl or leather. I have not used it on interior plastic. Look into Diamond Protech Diamond Interior or Dr. Beasley's Dash Pro. Diamond Interior will give the best look if you need restoration. Dash Pro has the best dust repellency.

I’ve seen your videos on those. Had any updates lately? Haven’t seen one of your videos pop up. TBH, Dr Beasley products have seemed a little hinky to me but I’ve been thinking about the dash stuff since your video.

There is a video update on Diamond Interior up on the channel.

Why would anyone want to -coat- the dash. It's not a high wearing surface or a high dirt surface....
Plain Jane H20 and very occasionally, I do a pass with Cockpit.
Once that stuff is on, it's not exactly easy to reverse course...

Why would anyone want to -coat- the dash. It's not a high wearing surface or a high dirt surface....
Plain Jane H20 and very occasionally, I do a pass with Cockpit.
Once that stuff is on, it's not exactly easy to reverse course...

Interior, including the dash can get dusty if you drive with the windows open. Coating the dash can help with dust repellency.

I’m not a fan of plain water wipedowns. To me it’s about as effective as taking a shower without any soap.

Honestly, I wasn't getting a good coating any other way. It was just wetting surface and drying when I used it 1-1 And not sticking.

I've never really use anything more than an interior detailer on my dashes. UV protection could be helpful in hot climates.

I've never really use anything more than an interior detailer on my dashes. UV protection could be helpful in hot climates.

I worry about Texas sun, especially since we keep cars a while.

Tex,

I can't say *all*, but Most Modern Windshield All have UV protection in them fwiw.

I do very a condition 2X a year followed be a sealant on my leather dashes. I think it's inevitable but I do this to keep it conditioned but it's going to be luck of the draw if/when the leather delaminates. I know it will one day, just hopefully never under my ownership

There are a few interior protectants which offer UV protection as well as the coatings if you want to go that route. I've used the DP VLP Interior coating and honestly can't tell the difference between other interior protectants I use which don't claim to be a coating. Not sure if the interior coatings from other brands are any different. Routine up-keep will be the key.

A sunshade is also really helpful in protecting the dash area no matter where you live. I use them religiously in our cars and they are a great help in protecting the dash/interior as well as cutting down on heat. These days, you can order custom sized ones for reasonable prices.

There are a few interior protectants which offer UV protection as well as the coatings if you want to go that route. I've used the DP VLP Interior coating and honestly can't tell the difference between other interior protectants I use which don't claim to be a coating. Not sure if the interior coatings from other brands are any different. Routine up-keep will be the key.

A sunshade is also really helpful in protecting the dash area no matter where you live. I use them religiously in our cars and they are a great help in protecting the dash/interior as well as cutting down on heat. These days, you can order custom sized ones for reasonable prices.

GOOD CALL. I also use a sunshade in the summer. It does help.

Nextzett Cockpit Premium is my go-to. Mild citrus scent, non-greasy, matte finish.

I’m sure Gyeon preserve would work fine on dash but it’s not a true coating.

DIY interior coating will do dashes. I’ve read CarPro Dlux has been used on interior but don’t remember results.

I Use Pinnacle Black Label Leather & Vinyl Coating right now and like it. Reapply every 6 months.

I just bought Gyeon Preserve and Dr. Beasley’s dash pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back