Black 65 mustang - Souveran

blkyukon

Reaction score
Here is my friends 65 Mustang, he needed it detailed for a show this weekend. It hadn't been detailed in about 9 months and had minor spiderwebbing from QD and car duster.

I used
Menzerna IP - LC orange pad
Menzerna PO85RD - LC white pad
XMT Finishing Glaze - LC gray pad (very nice glaze)
Souveran paste - hand
NXT metal polish on wheel for oxidation - topped with Poorboys Wheel Sealant
2 coats of Zaino Z16 on the tires

There are no before pics because it wasn't in that bad of shape....so here are the afters:

Enjoy

mustang_02.jpg

mustang_01.jpg

mustang_03.jpg

mustang_04.jpg

mustang_05.jpg

mustang_06.jpg

mustang_07.jpg

mustang_08.jpg

That car is sweet.

In about 2 years i'll have pictures of my buddies 69 Charger 440.

He just got it yesterday, and we figure it'll be about 2 years before we finally get far enough along to show it.

love the classics.......looks great. Used to be in a mustang club myself. Loved the shows.

Great Job!!
I am really loving XMT Glaze and Souveran

Funny you just posted that, been watching Ebay lately for 65' Coupes. Found a couple nice restomodded ones.

XMT Glaze and Souveran look good!! Wow that 65 Mustang is nice!! I was gonna buy a 64 1/2 myself 3 years ago but my mother said it was not worth would have cost tooo much money to restore! It was in Lousiana too where we were gonna buy it and ship to Texas.

Wystang i agree the car is SWEEET. The hood shot in the sun is nice as gregcavi would say it shows you have nothing to hide..

WoW!! :eek: You do such beautiful work Black Yukon! It is truly inspiring! I love the reflections but my favorite shot is the hood shot with the sun on it. Not a swirl in sight! I wouldn't be surprised if your detail wins him the show. :)

I have found Menzerna / Souveran an award winning combo, just might need to sneak a little XMT into the mix. Very nice work, hood get mad props for reflection.

I use the same combo on my Black 39 Ford except I using RMG instead of the XMT. I have XMT just haven't used it on black yet but anyone know how the two compare -- RMG and XMT? I only use my POR85RD on very special cars now!!!:cheers:

Thanks Everyone :cheers: It's a fun car to detail, but yesterday with the heat - 110 degrees outside and 100 degrees in the garage:eek: - it wasn't as much fun.

killrwheels - You are correct Menzerna/Souveran is one of the best combos for black

dennish - I have used both RMG and XMT, appearance wise- both are comparable. XMT glaze is a tad bit easier to remove (less streaking in the heat) and leaves the paint very slick.

blkyukon said:
Thanks Everyone :cheers: It's a fun car to detail, but yesterday with the heat - 110 degrees outside and 100 degrees in the garage:eek: - it wasn't as much fun.

killrwheels - You are correct Menzerna/Souveran is one of the best combos for black

dennish - I have used both RMG and XMT, appearance wise- both are comparable. XMT glaze is a tad bit easier to remove (less streaking in the heat) and leaves the paint very slick.

Thanks...I have used it on red just not black...

Back