PBs QW+ vs. Crystal Mist?

Waxmax

Reaction score
I've been using Crystal Mist quite a bit over carnaubas. How does Poorboy's QW+ compare? Thanks.

I use Crystal Mist as well and really like the stuff but would be nice to know if theres anything better out there?????

I think CM is very inviting on carnuabas, you might wanna try Quikshine as slightly more bright looking.

Waxmax said:
I've been using Crystal Mist quite a bit over carnaubas. How does Poorboy's QW+ compare? Thanks.
I think the others require less work. QW+ to me needs to be applied like anyother wax. i figure if i'm gonna to this i might as well put on another layer of NB.

Killer what are your thoughts?

joe.p said:
I think the others require less work. QW+ to me needs to be applied like anyother wax. i figure if i'm gonna to this i might as well put on another layer of NB.

Killer what are your thoughts?

I really dont like QW+ (sorry Steve from Poorboys) .... its too much work. CM is the way a spray wax should work. OCW is similar in spray and wipe. QW+ is like me putting liquid Souveran into a spray bottle and spritzing the car. I got to wipe, and buff. Might as well get a tub of Souveran out, takes as long and looks better.

Thanks for the replies. Joe P. and Killr told me what I needed.....QW+ is more work . I also read it has mild cleaners, so it might reduce the existing carnauba layer.

I have QW+ and like it, but doesn't last long, adds protection but the looks diminish after a couple days, more up a touch-up product. It has cleaning abilities apparently but haven't noticed anything from it. Personally, hype or not, I love the Duragloss AW over other spray waxes. It really adds to looks, depth, and wettness even topping a carnauba. Durability appears to be excellent as well.

Waxmax said:
Thanks for the replies. Joe P. and Killr told me what I needed.....QW+ is more work . I also read it has mild cleaners, so it might reduce the existing carnauba layer.
yeah this is what i thought. I have a whole bottle and haven't used it much. If you would like to give it try i'll send you some..

I am one of the few that doesn't care for CM. I prefer QD+ (not QW) it seems to have mor epop than the CM. OCW I like as well.

http://www.autogeek.net/pbqd16.html

the original Poorboys qd+ was discontinued due to VOC regulations, and I believe QW+ was its replacement.

Actually the more I think about it ... the more I think it was always QW+, I have a gallon of the pre-VOC stuff, will need to check the garage tomorrow.

Last edited:
scooterguitar said:
I imagine the black is non voc?

It doesnt appear either version of QD+ is available any longer. Dont see it on Poorboys site either ????

Hmm, guess they are now rare and worth tons of cash! Or a trade towards some outdated Pinnacle Bike Wax!

killrwheels@autogeek said:
I really dont like QW+ (sorry Steve from Poorboys) .... its too much work. CM is the way a spray wax should work. OCW is similar in spray and wipe. QW+ is like me putting liquid Souveran into a spray bottle and spritzing the car. I got to wipe, and buff. Might as well get a tub of Souveran out, takes as long and looks better.
+ ONE ..

My thought is that if your using SOVERAN then CRYSTAL MIST is the way to go.........

Back