Products that do well in sun

emaxxman

Reaction score
Well, I don't have any shade trees or a garage big enough to house the car AND work on it. Therefore I need products that do well in full sun. I try to work in the shade early mornings or late evenings...but that just isn't possible all the time.

Abrasive polish - DACP was horrible...how are the XMT polishes? They're supposedly designed for it but has anyone actually tried it in full sun?

Chemical polish - How is Klasse AIO?

Quick detailers - Poorboy's spray and gloss?
Spray waxes
Sealants - I was planning on getting Klasse but it seems finicky with application and is troublesome in full sun. Any easy to apply sealants that do well full sun applications?

Currently all I'm using is NXT liquid wax and their spray wax. They're OK. I applied the liquid wax near the end of the day but the car was still quite warm. I hazed quickly but didn't streak. I applied with the PC which probably helped to keep it from streaking.

Those are the types of products I use or will be ordering soon. I have Meg's glass cleaner concentrate which does OK in full sun...dries slower with less streaking than Stoner's in my experience. But windows are small enough to do quickly later in the day.

I'm open to any brands (as I am new to all of this).

Thanks!

I used an ez-up gazebo when I was wxing the car with NXT. It seemed to really keep the car cooler. They are like 20-50 bucks at big lots for a 10x10x8.

AIO is a wipe on wipe of product and I have no problems in full sun, S&G is same thing no issues on hot surface you just have to wipe off a little faster then you would in shade. I use Poorboys world just because they work great for me in the sun (I live in an apparment).

Megs DACP in not bad, but dusts like crazy.

Polishes --- Pinnacle XMT polishes are excellent products! Perform well in a sun. Keep your pads lubricated with pad conditioner and you will be fine. While working in the sun, if possible try working when it's not very hot. Same goes for Poorboy's SSR polishes. Using these polishes you will not even need a chemical polish.

As far as sealants and carnauba waxes - Poorboy's EXP topped with EX are very good in the sun. In a shade I'd try Wolfgang sealant topped with either Pinnacle liquid or paste Souveran.
Quick detailer - Clearkote Quick Shine is very nice.
Spray Wax - Pinnacle Crystal Mist is excellent.

Car wash shampoo - Poorboy's SS&S or Pinnacle.

Hope this helps.

supercharged said:
Megs DACP in not bad, but dusts like crazy.

Polishes --- Pinnacle XMT polishes are excellent products! Perform well in a sun. Keep your pads lubricated with pad conditioner and you will be fine. While working in the sun, if possible try working when it's not very hot. Same goes for Poorboy's SSR polishes. Using these polishes you will not even need a chemical polish.

As far as sealants and carnauba waxes - Poorboy's EXP topped with EX are very good in the sun. In a shade I'd try Wolfgang sealant topped with either Pinnacle liquid or paste Souveran.
Quick detailer - Clearkote Quick Shine is very nice.
Spray Wax - Pinnacle Crystal Mist is excellent.

Car wash shampoo - Poorboy's SS&S or Pinnacle.

Hope this helps.

That helps a lot. Thanks!

The reason I'm looking for a non-abrasive polish is that I have a 2005 silver Odyssey. I did a complete inspection of the vehicle and there are no visible swirls on it. I just really need to remove any topcoat contaminants and oxidation. I would rather not use an abrasive if I don't need to remove swirls or scratches. It's clear because it probably got polished by the dealer when I bought it "pre-owned certified" this year.

supercharged said:
Megs DACP in not bad, but dusts like crazy. .

Quick question-slightly off topic - so the DACP dusted because it's inherent in DACP and not solely because I used it in full sun? To clarify, it would've dusted like crazy even if I used it in a garage?

I have #80 speed glaze too.

EDIT: Very strange...I hit refresh on my browser and suddenly lost part of the last sentence. Freaky!!!!

Last edited:
#83 DACP is more abbrasive then #80. DACP will dust a lot wether used in a sun or not...So that's why I use my #83 for water spots removing from glass. it works very well there.
Never used #80, aso can't tell you anything about it.

P.S. all products will dest, some less, some more.

Rapidity said:
I used an ez-up gazebo when I was wxing the car with NXT. It seemed to really keep the car cooler. They are like 20-50 bucks at big lots for a 10x10x8.

By "ez-up", can it be setup by one person?

heh it's easy enough to put up and down by yourself. I do it... but I'm 6'2. I image it would be harder the shorter your are...

It's pretty neat.

Optimum/Adam's/Clearkote/Poorboy's all work well in the Sun!

Rapidity said:
heh it's easy enough to put up and down by yourself. I do it... but I'm 6'2. I image it would be harder the shorter your are...

It's pretty neat.

Hmm...I'm 5'10". Hopefully that won't make much of a difference. Do you have a pic?

Back