Best Products For Regular Washes on Black Car

DiscountEyewear

Reaction score
I just bought a 2009 Black Murano. Most of my past cars have been white but this car looked so sharp in black I had to do it. Now I know black cars show everything so I will leave waxing, polishing to a pro. With my white cars I took them to the local wash in between waxing about once a week. I know if I do that with a black car I wil regret it ( correct ? ) So my question is what should I buy to do normal weekly washes with? What products as far as soap, sponges, drying tools, ect. Thanks for your help in advance. Take care.

:welcome:
jomo=just one mans opinion
2 wash buckets (one soap; one rinse)
2 grit guards
mitt/sponge of your choice from AG (safe here)
Car Wash- DP; Pinnacle; Poorboys SS&S; DG #901
Dry- Cobra Guzzler
Pick up a QD=Quick Detailer- Pinnacle CM; DP Final Gloss

I assume you want the most cost-effective route? Maybe products available locally?

All you need is a sponge, soap, and a drying towel. And brushes for the wheels.

Buy car soap WITHOUT wax. Megs deep crystal (its purple) is amazing . That soap alone will make your paint look healthier.

Find a sponge that you prefer. Sponges that are too "furry" dont hold soap well for me. Find something soft but tough.

Buy an 'absorber' ($10) and a microfiber drying cloth. The absorber will catch most of the water and then the MF cloth will dry it without streaks.

Thats it! Remember to wash your tools often. DO NOT put the sponge back in the bucket without rinsing it first... EVER.

Me
The 2 bucket method with grit guards in both.
Gold class or Duragloss 901
Sheepskin mitts
Leaf blower to remove all water from bodie and crevices
Blot dry with ultimate cobra guzzler.

I need a new sponge or mitt myself. What about that new style with the grooves?

I assume your talking about the edge ShmiTT? everyone I know loves theirs. The concept is awesome, the dirt comes out of the foam much easier so you have less chance of dragging dirt across the paint when you dip in the bucket.

Mine will be here today, can't wait:righton:

Coool. I keep my cart going, I always think of something else right after I order.

Me
Sheepskin mitts

:whs:

Me
Sheepskin mitts
:whs::goodpost: If you don't have a leaf blower don't sweat it, it's just a nice bonus to be able to blow out water from the side mirror's and around the trunk lid.

I assume your talking about the edge ShmiTT? everyone I know loves theirs. The concept is awesome, the dirt comes out of the foam much easier so you have less chance of dragging dirt across the paint when you dip in the bucket.

Mine will be here today, can't wait:righton:

I've noticed the Shmitt doesn't glide across the paint as easily as a sheepskin mitt, but it will last WAYY longer. I've had some cheaper mitts last a few washes, and while our AG mitts tend to last longer, the foam Shmitt will definitely outlast any sheepskin by far. I have not noticed any marring from mine, so I will continue to use it....~$12 and lasts months and months. I still love sheepskin mitts, but when you wash as often as I do, something more durable is a little more practical. :cheers:

Back