extra pop on platinum grey.

maddenbowler

Reaction score
im looking for that extra shine on my platinum grey jetta. not very knowledgable with all this detailing stuff, so hoping yall could help me out. my car has some light swirls but nothing major.

im looking at the poorboys world ssr1 light swirl remover, then after i did this i would use the poorboys black hole show glazefor dark vehicles, and then finish it up with the poorboys natty blue paste wax.

does that sound like the right products or is there something you would change.
thanks for the help

Sounds right. You can also upgrade your wax to Pinnacle Souveran paste for even better look.

im looking for that extra shine on my platinum grey jetta. not very knowledgable with all this detailing stuff, so hoping yall could help me out. my car has some light swirls but nothing major.

im looking at the poorboys world ssr1 light swirl remover, then after i did this i would use the poorboys black hole show glazefor dark vehicles, and then finish it up with the poorboys natty blue paste wax.

does that sound like the right products or is there something you would change.
thanks for the help
Your title: Extra pop Remember 90% is in the prep. You can use the best glaze, wax or sealant, but the final results will come from how well you preped your paint.

and how would you reccomend prepping the paint?.
i plan on claying it but is there anything else?

and how would you reccomend prepping the paint?.
i plan on claying it but is there anything else?
Wash, clay, polish, seal, or wax or both. After polishing most guys dont jewel or burnish the paint. That is where you get that extra pop IMO. Use the lightest cut polish with a soft grey, blue or red pad and go over the polished area for a final polish. Be sure to clean the surface of any left over oils from polishing by using Alcohol or prep sol before sealing or waxing.

I think SSII would look great on that color!

Wash, clay, polish, seal, or wax or both. After polishing most guys dont jewel or burnish the paint. That is where you get that extra pop IMO. Use the lightest cut polish with a soft grey, blue or red pad and go over the polished area for a final polish. Be sure to clean the surface of any left over oils from polishing by using Alcohol or prep sol before sealing or waxing.

and what polish would you reccomend for that?

and what polish would be good for that?

and what polish would be good for that?
I've been using Menz 87MC with a blue ccs pad. Its been yrs since using Poorboys polishes. SS1 might finish down, dont know, never tried it. Btw I agree Souveran SSII would be great for your color paint.

would there really be that much of an upgrade for the SSII over nattys blue?
and also since SSII is a WOWO product would you apply by hand or by porter cable

Last edited:
would there really be that much of an upgrade for the SSII over nattys blue?
and also since SSII is a WOWO product would you apply by hand or by porter cable
I think SSII will give a better flake pop. Applying wax is a matter of preference, either way will give you the same results. I prefer applying by pc cause its faster and its easier to spread the wax thinner. Couple of swipes on your pad will do a large panel. Thin, thin, thin, no wasted product.

Everyone has a way they like to do it, I prefer to wax by hand over buffer, seems to me it is faster, but just my $.02
I know a lot love to use the buffer, so its what you prefer.
I think on that color the SSII will make a larger difference. Its on sale right now so cost is not to different. But well worth it, you can get many more apps out of SSII since it does go on so thin.

Back