Wolfgang 3.0 Paint Sealant Question

blacknblu

Reaction score
I washed my car recently having applied Wolfgang 3.0 Paint Sealant last week. I blew it dry with my leaf blower (one of the best tips I’ve read on this forum), and after doing so, noticed that the finish wasn’t near as slick as after I applied the sealant. Not that it matters now, but it started me to question the products duration, considering my environmental variables. How does one determine if the sealant is still protecting the car?

Also, I began to wonder about applying wax to the sealant after it has had time to cure. If I were to wax the car three weeks after applying the sealant, will it diminish the protective qualities of the sealant? I like the idea of having the sealant on the car, as time doesn’t always permit me to wax my car on a regular basis, but on occasions, I do enjoy waxing my car as it is very relaxing. Any thoughts?

If you gently apply a pure carnauba wax, you will not disrupt the sealant as long as it has had adequate time to cure (I wait a day).

Slickness does not equal protection. Loss of slickness is basically oils being washed off the paint, and nothing more. If you want increased slickness, give the paint a few spritzes of detail spray or spray sealant while drying....it will help the towel absorb and replenish the slickness of your sealant/wax.

The way that I've always viewed it is the sealant probably maintains it's durability under the carnauba. When it is time to remove the carnauba the sealant is also going to be removed.

If you want some additional and immediate slickness, use the new Optimum Quick Detailer over it.

Back