Votes: 16 15.1%
  • Standalone synthetic sealant

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • Sealant topped with carnauba wax

Votes: 68 64.2%

• Total voters

Matt S.

Reaction score
We all pretty much agree that a sealant topped with a pure wax is the best combo, in terms of looks and durability. However, not all of us have the time, or whatever other reason it may be, to apply additional coats. Personally, I find myself using Wolfgang sealant more than anything these days, since I don't have much time to apply additional coats of anything (unlike the days of the Camaro where I would wax every week....I wish I could do that to the Z06).

With that being said, whether it's on your own cars, or customers' cars, which process do you use most often?

Use to be a sealant top with nuba kind of person. Now with wowa sealants like UPGP thats so easy and great looks Ive been a sealant only user.

Nothing like a nice carnauba on top of Wolfgang Sealant! Still have Fuzion on my car from Detail Fest, thinking I might put another coat on this weekend! Though its been three months, and it still looks nice.

Nothing like a nice carnauba on top of Wolfgang Sealant! Still have Fuzion on my car from Detail Fest, thinking I might put another coat on this weekend! Though its been three months, and it still looks nice.

The wise little raccoons and I agree! :D

I've been using NXT followed two to three days later by HiTemp Bahama Mama. Looks good (white car so who knows if it could be better) and lasts for quite some time in the heat out here in the desert.

Glaze/ Carnauba on wife's.
Sealant/ Carnauba on all others.

Sealant top off with wax, for ultimate protection in the northeast.

I"ve been using the old Wolfgang sealent (2 coats) followed by Pinnicle Souveran and have been happy with the results. I plan on picking up the new Wolfgang sealent 3.0, and if time becomes an important consideration in the future, I would feel fine using the sealent alone. I was that impressed with the finish without the Souveran being applied. But, to each his own.:D

sealant only in summer ... to hot and kids have two many outings and other items planned. Sealant/Wax combo in winter for delicious wet look.

Four Star UPP w/ Polycharger still my choice.

UPGP topped with Fuzion.

I'm still an old school paste carnauba fan. Sometimes I'll do a glaze and then carnauba...maybe a couple layers.

A nice high end paste wax over a polished vehicle for clean,crisp and clear reflections.I have not found one sealent that last as long as it claims nor do I want one under my wax to tamper with my wax's depth.

A nice high end paste wax over a polished vehicle for clean,crisp and clear reflections.I have not found one sealent that last as long as it claims nor do I want one under my wax to tamper with my wax's depth.

Couldn't agree more.

Here is what I use on my cars.

2008 Ford MKX – Currently Zaino CS but not happy with it probably go to one of the other WOWA just to make it easy - color is light silver and DD.

2008 Corvette – Currently using Z5Pro and Z8 a real nice combo on Crystal Red Metallic Tint Coat or dark red with lots of metallic.

1958 Corvette – I use Ex-p and Natty Blue seems to be the best combo on Silver Blue but no combo really seems to stand out.

1939 Ford Coast to Coast Street Rod – This one is RMG with PS and Crystal Mist, just haven’t found anything better for black.

1935 Ford 5-window coupe Steel Street Rod. I use RMG plus Victoria Red Concurs Wax and really enhance the red and seems to hide some of the orange were PS seems to bring it out.

Last edited:
I usually do a sealant topped with carnuba or I simply use Collinite 476s.

I'm a sealant topped with carnuba type. I've read all the blogs about the differences between the boutiques and generics, have done some testing with several and found................it doesn't really matter what sealants or waxes you use if the preparation is good. I only use a pure carnuba because I don't want cleaners destroying the sealant. I believe that the process is 95% preparation - 5% product. Personally I use a product that has been around a long time, not available off the shelf, none of the boutique stuff and have found the sealant last approx 6 mo, if I wax every other week, 3-4 months if I don't. Living at altitude just bombards the surface with UV, the wax helps extend the life and gives me the depth I am looking for. As far as gloss being better with the boutiques, does anyone know of someone who has used a gloss meter to verify this?

2007 Volvo S80 V8 AWD - Titanium Grey Met
2005 Volvo XC-70 - Barents Blue Met

Back