New to Detailing

eltabor

Reaction score
I am new to detailing any more than washing and waxing very infrequently. I bought a 2008 Hyundai Elantra and was searching for seat covers for the car when I found this site. I want to protect my seats from the dirty 17-20 yr. old Baseball players I take to the out of town tournaments. Also the occasional coffee spill and burger drop. Do these covers ( Custom Denim Seat Covers Front and Rear, Wife likes the 3/4" sheepskin for front seats) really fit as well as mentioned in the adds? I would also like to know the best strategy for keeping it looking new and sparkly. I would also like a electric buffer but I don't know what to get, $20 at part stores. The older cars are close to clearcoat peeling( I need to rescue this one car quickly before it is too late so I can sell it) and clearcoat peeling, paint chips that are beginning to rust and before rust stage( the other 3 cars). I have priced repaints and considering the age of the cars and mileage it is cost prohibitive. My idea is rust inhibitor and touch-up paint brushed on, what do you think? The vehicles are mechanically sound so they will remain with me until dead. I have this stuff purchased. Microfiber Wash Mitt, Smooth Surface™ Clay Kit, ScratchX®, Even-Coat™ Applicator Pad, Supreme Shine® Microfiber, Ultimate Quik Detailer®, Quik Interior Detailer™, Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant, Car Odor Eliminator, PlastX™ Clear Plastic Cleaner & Polish, Hot Rims® All Wheel Cleaner, Deep Crystal® System Carnauba Wax a three part system cleaner,polish and wax, Car Odor Eliminator, Gold Class™ Endurance®, Quik Wheel Detailer™ Mist & Wipe, Gold Class Bug and Tar Remover. All Meguiar's®.
Thank You for your time and responses.
feedback%5B1%5D.gif
MAKE THAT A LOT OF FEEDBACK PLEASE

I dont know the ones you are speaking about specifically, but have seen several Corvette members with Seat Skins that fit extremely well. They look like wet suits ...

Back