Yellow aluminum wheels.

Jimmie

Reaction score
I don't take possession of a pre-owned motorhome until next week. Pulling out of the parking lot I noticed the aluminum wheels had a yellow tint. Anyone know the cause and will I be able to correct it?
Wish that I could tell more but not until next Thur.
Thanks in advance everyone.

Are they truly aluminum or just the aluminum looking wheel covers? I have seen quite a few RVs looking the way you describe but they were all the aluminum covers (glorified hub caps :)). FWIW, what did you end up getting?

if non polished could be tarnish, using a good metal polish would help. If covers as suggested above, maybe new ones are in order.

Thanks guys. No they're the real mccoy wheels. Will the coating that's put on some wheels turn yellow. That's my fear. If it is the coating can anything be done?
A 2003 Allegro budman, 32'. Inside is really clean. Outside needs a lot of detailing (I sort of like that part).

most clearcoat or products like Zoopseal actually make them look white and milky. Luckily they usually clean up well with a good metal polish. Try Simichrome or English Custom Polishes.

most clearcoat or products like Zoopseal actually make them look white and milky. Luckily they usually clean up well with a good metal polish. Try Simichrome or English Custom Polishes.

Thanks killr will do. I've got some Simichrome to use.

Back