IMAGE Auto Detail- HACKED!!! Black 911

imageautodetail

Reaction score
So a couple of weeks ago, I got a call from a guy who saw the last Porsche I did with the request that I take a look at his. He brought it by and it was a bit overcast so I did not see the full spectrum of the quality job that someone had did on this car. He warned me that it was bad, I gave him a ball park and he made an appointment. So yesterday morning he dropped it of, it was about 7 am and at that time this is what it looked like...

IMG_2174.jpg

IMG_2176.jpg

IMG_2177.jpg

IMG_2178.jpg

Not to bad huh?!?!?!...

At this point I have yet to see the car in the sun so I let it sit while I finished up another car sothe sun would hopefully come out in full force. Anyways Iwalk back out at about 10:30 and blammo!!!

IMG_2197.jpg

Some of the most interesting trails that I have seen, a cut waffle pad that had been burried at the beach with some metal polish maybe

IMG_2198.jpg

IMG_2199.jpg

IMG_2200.jpg

IMG_2201.jpg

IMG_2202.jpg

IMG_2203.jpg

IMG_2204.jpg

I gave the owner a call and said that he would be on the high side of his ballpark and he replied " I don't care how much it costs, just make it look like a Black Porsche!" My kinda of client.

He had bought it on a gloomy day about a month ago so with the 35-40K dollars involve I am sure his reaction hwas better than mine when he first saw it in the sun.

After the normal wash and prep steps this was the paint condition...

HOOD

IMG_2216.jpg

IMG_2217.jpg

IMG_2218.jpg

A little test spot with some Megs 83 and a green pad, I do love Porsche paint...easy to correct, just work slow

IMG_2219.jpg

A few of the rest of the car

IMG_2220.jpg

IMG_2221.jpg

IMG_2222.jpg

IMG_2223.jpg

IMG_2224.jpg

IMG_2225.jpg

I was so shocked with the paint I did not take befores of the interior, but here are some afters...

IMG_2226.jpg

IMG_2228.jpg

IMG_2230.jpg

IMG_2231.jpg

Car was polished with M83 and a green ccs pad at about 1500, then with a #m black waffle with 82 at about 1200, then with ## purple glaze at about 1000 with a finish pad, topped with 26, then 5050 on the light points

IMG_2234.jpg

IMG_2235.jpg

IMG_2236.jpg

IMG_2237.jpg

IMG_2238.jpg

IMG_2239.jpg

IMG_2240.jpg

IMG_2241.jpg

IMG_2242.jpg

IMG_2243.jpg

IMG_2245.jpg

IMG_2246.jpg

IMG_2247.jpg

IMG_2248.jpg

IMG_2249.jpg

IMG_2250.jpg

IMG_2251.jpg

IMG_2252.jpg

PAID IN CASH!!!

BEFORE...
IMG_2197.jpg

AFTER...
IMG_2242.jpg

IMG_2253.jpg

Thanks for Looking!!!

wow...that is an amazing job. Whoever did it before did not know how to do it at ALL. I mean by no means am i a pro, but when i first did a detail to my car i didnt hack at all. (It was good for a first time haha for me) But WOW...all i can say is good job!

Wow man, as usual, your work is great. How much did you charge? Thats what this one Tiberon looked like when I worked on it (they used the brush at the car wash on the paint), and it came out great.

great job........I am from Ky. also....I own Vision Detailing in Richmond..........give me shout sometime Clay

Great turnaround, I love clients like that. Looks like a Mother's Powerball that had been used on dirty rims was used on the paint, LOL

WOW Amazing job! i'm still in the learning stage. Can you teach me i'm such a newbie?

Very nice job Clay, I bet the owner was shocked!

Awesome turn around. It is funny how when it was overcast the car actually looked pretty good. I hope he only drove it when the sun was not out before lol. Good thing now he can be proud to drive that thing when the sun is out full force.

A really great job on a totally botched "detail" attempt. The guy who did the first hack job should be arrested for incompatence in the First degree and stripped of all his detailing products and machines. I wonder what he payed for the first job? I would have been ashamed to accept a penney for that level of work. You earned your money repairing that car. Again, very nice work.

Superb Work Clay! Looks like someone was skipping a buffer over the paint (like skipping stones on a lake LOL).

Great job!

Toto

Amazing turnaround on the car. I'm sure the customer was extremely happy to see his car the way it was meant to be seen.

Maybe the previous guy had an electrical short in his buffer and he was jumping around getting shocked while he was trying to polish the car.:buffing: That's about the only explanation. I am a rank amateur and even I have never had results like that. This makes the results that you produced even more amazing. The owner HAS to feel a whole lot better about his purchase now that you've brought the paint back up to what it should be. :cheers:

I'm with karburn, I have 1 correction under my belt and it came out exceptionally well. I'm not sure if I grabbed my flex today with the intention of creating that mess if I would even know how to begin. I guess through the pads away and just use the backing plate.

Excellent recovery though!

Awesome job Clay !!! The guy that did that should not even be allowed to wash a bus . Great save Clay the owener came to the right guy for the job

Back