glaze?

GiXx

Reaction score
ok im getting ready to do some polishing tomorrow and already thinking 2-3 months down the line, when those damn swirls will start appearing again :(

is a glaze a good way to hide them between polishes?
i was looking at the menz po115c and the pb black hole, any recommendations?
if it matters ill be using WG DGPS afterwards

my daily drive is an 07 nighthawk black pearl civic SI so i know it wont be long til those swirls start pissing me off again

how many times a year can you polish a car? i was guessing once especially given honda paint

also it says the menz106FA can be applied by hand but wont get rid of swirls, i have some swirls/light scratches under the drivers and passengers door handles :(
should i just fill them with a glaze for the time being?
eventually im changing the drivers door handle so ill probably hit that one with some polish the day that happens

also it says the menz106FA can be applied by hand but wont get rid of swirls, i have some swirls/light scratches under the drivers and passengers door handles :(

GiXx,

I recently saw a video (think is was video and not pix) in an AG post that showed a person using an abrasive hand polishing pad to remove swirls under the handle. So I think various colored hand sized pads exist and with enough elbow grease would correct the scratches.

Wish I could be more specific but with a little time searching you should be able to find it. Maybe someone else will chime in with more specifics...

Good luck.

a glaze will do some temporary filling of swirls. Just remember to use one compatible with your wax or sealant of choice.

Change your washing and drying habits and you wont need a glaze, swirls are usually induced in these two ways.

Washing -- two bucket or presoak with foam gun. Keep mitts fresh by washing in bucket of fresh water after each panel. Use the correct ratio of soap and try to wash in straight lines not circles.

Drying --- use a leaf blower as possible to remove most water. Spray panel with quick detailer to add lubrication and dry in straight lines. No harsh rubbing. Use soft absorbant towels like the Guzzler which is a MF designed to hold water.

Back