Car going to the body shop, need advice.

Slckrsx

Reaction score
Long story short my RSX was in an accident two years ago and as a result about 80% of the car had to be repainted. Reccently I've noticed a couple of problems with the paint that require me to bring the car back to the body shop for warranty repaint work. Here is what I'm talking about;

aaaa002.jpg

This is the drivers front fender and you can see the clearcoat peeling off in the corner at the bottom.

aaaa003-1.jpg

This is the rear passenger quarter panel and you can see rust starting to form under the paint here. Also, the paint is starting to bubble around where my hand is that I could not properly capture in a pic. My body shop is being a little reluctant about fixing this under warranty claiming this is a common problem with all Honda's. I explained that the other side that wasn't repainted and is still original doesn't have a spot of rust on it and my wife's car which is also an RSX and is the same age doesn't have a spot of rust on it either. I think the panel wasn't sealed and painted properly after the repair which is causing it to rust. What are everyone's thoughts on this? Is this something that should be fixed under warranty? Body shops warranty is one year for paint and lifetime for workmanship, I think this is a workmanship problem.

aaaa001.jpg

I hit my mirror and broke it about a year and a half ago and ghetto superglued it back together. While the car is there I'm having this properly repaired.

Anyways, last time I got my car back it was covered in swirls and halograms that I had to remove after the paint cured. I want to avoid this as much as possible this time around so what do I tell the shop not to do in order to minimize the damage that will be done to the car?

Last edited:
my son who is a painter for dupount said that the clear didnot adhere to base coat properly

my son who is a painter for dupount said that the clear didnot adhere to base coat properly

In the first pic you mean? The shop has no problem fixing the clearcoat problem in the first pic under warranty but are not giving into fixing the rust problem in the second pic under warranty as of yet.

Back