Your own business

PontiacMan

Reaction score
Are there any kind of good business guides for starting your own detailing business? Mainly as a part time business. How do you guys work it who do it part time? How do you get the word out? How do you price? You go to their home? You have a place? Any info from your experience would be appreciated!!

check ebay

Have you seen those before? I never have, I always thought those little guides were just gimmicks someone uses to make money on ebay. If that's what you're referring to that is.

ya those are the things im talking about...they get you set in the right direction

Whatever you do, don't get the "Buffing with Confidence" video. It's horrible. It covers BASIC information about all the steps in detailing - not so much buffing.

Thanks for all the great suggestions so far! I appreciate them all!

All of the above info is great as far as location I work out of my 2 houses since I only work on the weekends .As far as how I get the word out is mostly word of mouth and people being referred after seeing my work. So all work is bought to me in the location closest to them

Are there any kind of good business guides for starting your own detailing business? Mainly as a part time business. How do you guys work it who do it part time? How do you get the word out? How do you price? You go to their home? You have a place? Any info from your experience would be appreciated!!
I have found my success to be word of mouth ( referrals) networking with local garages and mechanics ( offer them a free detailing to place flyers in their office or garge bulletein) Chamber of Commerce, City Manager, flyers ( my wife and I will do about 1000 flyers a week in peoples newspaper boxes or on the flags of their mailboxes, join Local web site,News paper Ads and Newspaper inserts...........I have so many more ideas too........I have been in sales and marketing for over 12 years and own a detailing business the last year and a half................

Back