Why no big hoopla over System One?

YankeeFan

Reaction score
After reading several posts you would think the advantage of using it in the sun would make it the next hot item on the level of Menzerna or the Flex. Why isn't it? If it doesn't get the results of Menzera can't I just use it first and then jewel with 085RD with a blue pad?

Howard

the System One demo was amazing at DFIII. It was in direct sunlight. Unfortunately some are suggesting it doesnt finish down as well as Menzerna. In truth nothing to date really seems to match Menzerna (some like Ultrafina might be close) but its hard to knock the king of the mountain unless you really pack a big punch. I think you could/would do fine using 085RD as wanted after.

How many people really buff cars in the sun? I think maybe the ones that do, don't feel the need to have a swirl free finish. Not sure? I'm just so leary of a 2 step system these days. I'd love to see results of System 1 followed by 85RD.

How many people really buff cars in the sun? I think maybe the ones that do, don't feel the need to have a swirl free finish. Not sure? I'm just so leary of a 2 step system these days. I'd love to see results of System 1 followed by 85RD.

See, I differ in opinion as I think many people live in appartments or homes without a garage. I have a garage but is very tight so I rather do it outside. Plus, in my one and only attempt to polish, I found doing it in a garage difficult to see how well I was doing. Ability to wipe away a water-based product plus having the sun right there would seem to me, to be a big advantage. I might try System One next year as my main polishing material then go over with Menzerna.

Howard

Actually I think a lot more than they let on. I work under a canopy but you still get a lot of sun on certain areas. On darker cars i have on ocassion finished up with a finishing polish to take the finish over the top. But system one 2 step works quite well .

Not to be controversial because I have alot of respect for Tom both personally and professionally, but isn't his product marketed towards Body Shops mostly? I read through his web-site and noticed the following under his procedures:

ALWAYS KEEP THE SURFACE YOU ARE WORKING ON CLEAN AND COOL.

CLEAN is very important. If the surface gets dirty, the dirt gets worked into the surface, which can cause severe damage!

COOL means no direct sunlight. Polish in the shade.

I personally will not buff in direct sunlight. If I can't do it in a garage, I won't do it. I've personally had nothing but bad luck buffing and waxing in direct sunlight(in Michigan & Florida). With the length of time I spend buffing a panel, direct sunlight(because of the heat) is never my friend. Others mileage might vary and that's perfectly fine as long as it works for you.

So is Meguiar's Pro line yet we use it.

So is Menzerna line (actually, even "more", it is marketed to car manufacturers only) yet we use it.

So is 3M yet we use it.

Etc.

I don't understand the point?

Meaning that body shops generally buff indoors. I realize that the majority of the detail forum population represents the mobile sector, but I'd take an educated guess that most detailing(on a professional level) is performed indoors.

ZoranC said:
I envy those that are able to make such requirement. For quite a number of rest of us out there that is not an option, for us choice is either do it in the sun or never have it polished. Therefore I do what man got to do and look for product that will be most tolerant to working in the sun. Will that be perfect use condition for any product? No, but I will take I can have when there is nothing else I can do. That's just me, just being practical when dealing with facts of life. If others can have what I can not good for them. In the meantime my car would still look better polished than not, even if I do polishing under the sun.

Nothing wrong with that. I always have a habit of taking the "purist" anal view on things these days. A couple years ago it wouldn't really make that much of a difference to me. I guess as I get older, I get more picky?

So is Meguiar's Pro line yet we use it.

So is Menzerna line (actually, even "more", it is marketed to car manufacturers only) yet we use it.

So is 3M yet we use it.

Etc.

I don't understand the point?

I envy those that are able to make such requirement. For quite a number of rest of us out there that is not an option, for us choice is either do it in the sun or never have it polished. Therefore I do what man got to do and look for product that will be most tolerant to working in the sun. Will that be perfect use condition for any product? No, but I will take I can have when there is nothing else I can do. That's just me, just being practical when dealing with facts of life. If others can have what I can not good for them. In the meantime my car would still look better polished than not, even if I do polishing under the sun.

So.....how do you compare System One, in terms of final look, to other polish lines you have used? If not as good do you try to jewel with another product when the weather allows?

Howard

Back