Thick Tree Sap advice

jforget1

Reaction score
Did a quick wash of my dad's truck tonight and there were a few extreme sap spots on the hood, these were the thickness of a dime a hard as a rock. Put a bug a tar remover pre-wash gel and hit it with a pressure washer. The sap held up, what can I do to get this off for future reference. I have a PC7424 and a set of Edge2K pads, if they may help.

I don't know if this will work but I would try claying it.

Go over the spot a number of time with bug and tar remover, seldom it will come off the first time. Or you could use a razor blade to slowly scrape off a tiny layer of sap.

sparkie said:
Go over the spot a number of time with bug and tar remover, seldom it will come off the first time. Or you could use a razor blade to slowly scrape off a tiny layer of sap.

I was thinking very carefully with a razor may be the way to go. Will give it a shot.

Use the plastic razor blades...much safer...also hold a ice cube on the sap and freeze it..it will pop off with plastic razor..then use mineral spirits or some kerosene to remove rest..they will not harm the paint..if you use a metal razor you chance damage to the paint...actually shaving some CC off and deep scratching...even try a credit card to scrape it if no plastic blades...but freezeing it will help...

AL

Al-53 said:
Use the plastic razor blades...much safer...also hold a ice cube on the sap and freeze it..it will pop off with plastic razor..then use mineral spirits or some kerosene to remove rest..they will not harm the paint..if you use a metal razor you chance damage to the paint...actually shaving some CC off and deep scratching...even try a credit card to scrape it if no plastic blades...but freezeing it will help...

AL

OK cool, can I get plastic blades at Home Depot or some place like that? Will also try the mineral spirits.

try a body shop supply for plastic razors...maybe AG has them..even a 1 inch plastic putty knife will work...sharpen the edge some on some sand paper...but be careful...be gentle to avoid damage what ever you use...

Al

Poorboys Bug Squash removes sap quite well, use it full strength.

Back