PDA

View Full Version : Okay ready to move up

hjscm
10-12-2008, 09:30 PM
I have a PC and want to move up to a better option. I have menz ip, sip, and nano. should i get the flex, or the makita. also what pads should i get. will the edge system work on the flex? i think i like the small pads for the sides of car and the 6.5 for the hood and roof. and then which model should i get. is the cyclo better to get? thanks for the help

GeorgiaHybrid
10-13-2008, 10:28 AM
If you are going to the effort of learning, buy the Makita rotary or equal (DeWalt, Metabo, Flex, Hitachi....). You have some great products and the rotary will help utilize them them to the fullest.

Pads are more personal than anything else. I use the edge system for the PC and the Makita as I like the option to use 4", 6" and 8" on a detail as needed. I do have the option to use my compounds and heavier polishes with another Makita that is setup with a backing plate and my "old fashion" wool pads though. I just can't seem to get away from them.

hjscm
10-13-2008, 10:31 AM
just order the flex 3401 with the edge adapter and a couple extra pads. already have some edge pads. this is just for personal use. was fine with my cars but my parents have a couple of 3 year old cars that don't get used much and sit in the garage and sometimes outside that i would like to get clean.

thanks for the help

ScottB
10-13-2008, 11:28 AM
The Flex is a valuable upgrade to PC and still quite safe. With Edge being bought by Megs there has been no word on the status of Edge Adapter for Flex.

hjscm
10-13-2008, 02:12 PM
i called them today and they said they were in stock and it is going out today. so hopefully will be here before this weekend to try out. got a couple of 6" wool pads and some foam ones.

thanks