PDA

View Full Version : Quick ONR question....

YankeeFan
10-21-2008, 07:12 AM
Just curious if you thought using ONR in a foam gun had any advantages over using a regular car wash? No foam, but be plenty lubricant. Just not sure how well it would loosen standing dirt by itself.

Howard

robb01
10-21-2008, 07:17 AM
Honestly, I doubt it would work very well.

Bert31
10-21-2008, 08:50 AM
Just curious if you thought using ONR in a foam gun had any advantages over using a regular car wash? No foam, but be plenty lubricant. Just not sure how well it would loosen standing dirt by itself.

Howard

Some people have mentioned they have bought the pump bug sprayers to presoak their cars before doing a traditional bucket wash with ONR. Not sure using a foam gun would be all that beneficial.

Jimmie
10-21-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm thinking maybe adding a little ONR to the foam gun would be very beneficial. Cut down water spotting for one. Another are the surfacants (lift dirt off the paint) added. I've got no experience doing this so these are just speculation.

Bert31
10-21-2008, 12:57 PM
I'm thinking maybe adding a little ONR to the foam gun would be very beneficial. Cut down water spotting for one. Another are the surfacants (lift dirt off the paint) added. I've got no experience doing this so these are just speculation.

I wonder if it would cut down on the foam??? I don't know.

wagonproject
10-21-2008, 06:32 PM
I would think as ONR doesn't foam...

YankeeFan
10-21-2008, 07:51 PM
yeah.....but is foam really needed.....I know it fun to see the car full of foamy soap.......but what is the best to use to loosen dirt so that when the car is rinsed as much as the dirt falls off as possible.....yes, while not really affecting the lsp.....I was just thinking out-loud that maybe ONR had some properties that was advantageous to the foam gun.....

Howard