PDA

View Full Version : Review: DP Interior Surface Protectant

FloridaNative
08-11-2006, 10:56 AM
Today I used the DP Interior Surface Protectant. I washed the vinyl pieces first with Woolite and water cut 6:1. I then rinsed with plain water and then dried the vinyl before applying the protectant. I applied the protectant in full sun in 92 degree heat and did not experience any kind of streaking.

I sprayed a cotton terrycloth applicator with the protectant and then applied it to all the vinyl pieces before buffing it off with a Microfiber. The product has a thicker consistency than the Pinnacle interior protectant and it doesn’t seem to soak into the pieces as quite as fast as the Pinnacle, but it still soaked in very rapidly. By this I mean it absorbed in maybe a second for the DP versus instantly with the Pinnacle. The smell is very pleasant and seems to be something like a cross between banana and bubble gum. It left a nice hint of fragrance in the air after use but was in no way strong or over bearing. The product is completely non-greasy and the finish is low sheen-matte and very pleasing. The interior looks clean and natural looking. This is another fine product from AG and I was very happy with it. The results are very similar to the Pinnacle and I think either product would be an excellent choice for interior protection. Thank you for reading my review. J

Surfer
08-11-2006, 11:02 AM
What do you like better the Pinnacle or DP? If DP has that bannana bubble gum smell thats enough to sway me lol:awesome:

abrcrombe
08-11-2006, 11:04 AM
Banana AND bubble gum?! What the...
haha, j/k good review and let us know how long the scent lasts and whether or not you have windows up or down. :p

FloridaNative
08-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Surfer they are very close. The only differences that I noticed were in the smells, the consistency of the products and the absorption rate. The finished results look the same. I have the DP side by side with the Pinnacle and I cannot see which is which. My car is closed with the windows up. I just walked out there now to smell it and it has a very faint faint lingering fragrance in the air. It's been about 45min- and hour since the application. They are both excellent and I am well pleased with the appearances of them both. At this point I think it's a matter of which you like better: pina colada or banana-bubble gum because I really cannot see any differences in the appearance of either one. :)

MikeyC
08-11-2006, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the compare-o Jen. Can I ask what your application method was? I find the DP ISP to be a little tricky to apply sometimes.

FloridaNative
08-11-2006, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the compare-o Jen. Can I ask what your application method was? I find the DP ISP to be a little tricky to apply sometimes.

I applied it to a clean dry surface with a cotton terrycloth applicator pad. I sprayed the protectant on the pad and then rubbed the pad on the vinyl working the protectant in. I applied the protectant to all of the vinyl and then went back to buff it so that the protectant had some time to soak in. Afterwards I used the applicator pad and went over the rubber strips in the door jamb. After buffing the protectant I was unable to see any difference between it and the Pinnacle I applied yesterday. I had no difficulties at all with the product. It was easy on and easy off. It's now several hours later and I can still smell the fragrance faintly in the car. :)

supercharged
08-11-2006, 04:04 PM
Sounds like another interior protectant to try.:awesome:

Reddwarf
08-11-2006, 07:46 PM
I've been using the PB Natural Look and I really like it. But sounds like I need to try the DP or Pinnacle one of these days. I've also used the Meg's quick interior spay and I really like it too. But I didn't use it on the rubber trim, just the vinyl dash, etc.

ScottB
08-12-2006, 07:47 AM
I've been using the PB Natural Look and I really like it. But sounds like I need to try the DP or Pinnacle one of these days. I've also used the Meg's quick interior spay and I really like it too. But I didn't use it on the rubber trim, just the vinyl dash, etc.

Just remember the DP and Pinnacle are a little more glossy compared to Natural Look.

NissanOwner
08-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Which one last longer Pinnacle or DP? and does either product have anything in that will dry out the vinyl?
Thanks for the review.:applause:

FloridaNative
08-12-2006, 02:36 PM
I can't speak of durability yet as this is the first time that I have used either product. There are no silicates in either the DP or the Pinnacle so you won't have anything to worry about drying out your vinyl. :) Perhaps some other Pinnacle or DP users can chime in here on the durability??

supercharged
08-12-2006, 03:49 PM
Pinnacle lasted me on average 3-4 weeks.

MikeyC
08-15-2006, 11:28 AM
Just remember the DP and Pinnacle are a little more glossy compared to Natural Look.

I've been using the DP for a few weeks now and I would have said that the DP is definitely less glossy than the Poorboy's Natural Look. In fact, I had NL on my dashboard that I applied a week before I started using DP. I applied the DP over the NL and the dashboard got much less glossy.

My only complaint about the DP is that I have trouble getting an even finish. I often get a little bit of streakiness or blotchiness on my dashboard. It's weird because it's SO easy to use on my door panels and steering wheel hub, but for some reason my dashboard never comes out right. I think I may not be rubbing it in enough.