PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's NXT car wash worth replacing?

Pages : [1] 2

Texas Dave
11-06-2008, 10:07 PM
I have an almost full 64oz bottle of this. I'm wondering, how is it compared to products like Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo, Wolfgang Auto Bathe, or DP Auto Bath Shampoo?

Is it worth giving the meguiar's to a friend and ordering some of the better stuff? If so.. which? They all seem to get excellent reviews. I like the proportioner that DP makes for their bottle, will it work on any of the other products?

I'll be washing with dawn this weekend, then claying, polishing, and appying Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0. If that'll make any difference on which shampoo to use afterwards.

Thanks for any advice!

robb01
11-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Its not bad stuff, but the ones you mentioned are better in my opinion

nitro78
11-06-2008, 11:06 PM
megs is good but my personal favorite is duragloss 901, fantastic stuff with a great price.

bige441
11-07-2008, 01:23 AM
you can get 901 over the counter in my area in a few different locations. Thats what makes it a plus for me.

Texas Dave
11-07-2008, 09:12 AM
Well heck, at $5 I'll give 901 a try first.

Thanks guys.

Racin10s
11-07-2008, 10:14 AM
I have an almost full 64oz bottle of this. I'm wondering, how is it compared to products like Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo, Wolfgang Auto Bathe, or DP Auto Bath Shampoo?

Is it worth giving the meguiar's to a friend and ordering some of the better stuff? If so.. which? They all seem to get excellent reviews. I like the proportioner that DP makes for their bottle, will it work on any of the other products?

I'll be washing with dawn this weekend, then claying, polishing, and appying Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0. If that'll make any difference on which shampoo to use afterwards.

Thanks for any advice!

I agree with everyone the other shampoos you name are very nice offerings. My only other advice would be to save the Dawn for the dishes... No need to use something so harsh on your ride. The clay/polish will remove the old wax for you with no issues.

Buddy
11-07-2008, 01:50 PM
I agree with everyone the other shampoos you name are very nice offerings. My only other advice would be to save the Dawn for the dishes... No need to use something so harsh on your ride. The clay/polish will remove the old wax for you with no issues.

AGREE - :iagree::whs: Very good advise...:D

SVTContour
11-07-2008, 04:03 PM
I always like to keep some Meguiar's NXT around to wash cars that are going to get a full detail (clay,polish,protect) because it is strong and does a good job of cleaning daily drivers. For regular washing of my personal vehicle I prefer Poorboy's Super Slick & Suds.

vinnier6
11-07-2008, 09:38 PM
any carwash shampoo you get over the counter is just as good as anything else....without saying carwash soap is carwash soap.....well it is...keep the nxt and when its gone try something else....i personally buy the meguiars deep crystal wash, its cheaper than the other meguiars stuff....after all, carwash soap is just a lubricant to aid in the removal of dirt...

Racin10s
11-07-2008, 11:03 PM
any carwash shampoo you get over the counter is just as good as anything else....without saying carwash soap is carwash soap.....well it is...keep the nxt and when its gone try something else....i personally buy the meguiars deep crystal wash, its cheaper than the other meguiars stuff....after all, carwash soap is just a lubricant to aid in the removal of dirt...

Exactly that is what makes some better then others.

Bigfoot
11-07-2008, 11:08 PM
I have a little less than a gallon of this, and I have to adit I love it! My customers usually bring me their cars in a very dirty state. The emulsifiers in this wash are strong enough to cut through the dirt, while leaving the waxes and sealants alone. Great stuff IMO

supercharged
11-08-2008, 12:49 AM

Exactly that is what makes some better then others.
:iagree::whs: Those that haven't tried good quality soap think that they are all the same... Just like hair shampoo, there is a big difference between 79 cent VO5 and $25 Maxrix Biolage...
Try a good quiality soap, there are a lot of good ones at reasonable price. One of my favorites is Optimum car soap...It foams up very well, cleans well, lubes well, very slick. And quite inexpensive too, $12 for 32oz, or $30 for a gallon. Poorboy's SS&S is also very nice. Pinnacle and Wolfgang are also good, but are pricier...Another nice one is Zymol Clear, but it's quite epxnsive, $26 for 8 oz, $42 for 16...not really worth it...same goes for Swissvax shampoo, $38 for 8 oz is too much, and it's not really a good soap for the money.

SATracker
11-08-2008, 12:39 PM
First, great conversation. Second, you have to be some kind of "auto geek" to be this proficient on the fine art of auto soaps. Third, are there some soaps that are better for weekly use, other soaps that are best for those really dirty jobs, and other soaps that work best after a long winter?

Jimmie
11-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Like some have said NXT Wash is a little more harsh than others. When I had some I used it for the really dirty jobs or a strong solution for a strip down. No need to get rid of it. Maybe just add DG 901, or PB SS&S to your arsenal for more options.

vinnier6
11-09-2008, 02:19 PM
:iagree::whs: Those that haven't tried good quality soap think that they are all the same... Just like hair shampoo, there is a big difference between 79 cent VO5 and $25 Maxrix Biolage...
Try a good quiality soap, there are a lot of good ones at reasonable price. One of my favorites is Optimum car soap...It foams up very well, cleans well, lubes well, very slick. And quite inexpensive too, $12 for 32oz, or $30 for a gallon. Poorboy's SS&S is also very nice. Pinnacle and Wolfgang are also good, but are pricier...Another nice one is Zymol Clear, but it's quite epxnsive, $26 for 8 oz, $42 for 16...not really worth it...same goes for Swissvax shampoo, $38 for 8 oz is too much, and it's not really a good soap for the money.
who said i havent tried different shampoos...i have tried a shitload of different carwash shampoos over the last 20 years...they all pretty much do the same thing....i personally dont think one is that much better then the next...outside of pretty colors and bottles, carwash soaps are pretty much the same...