PDA

View Full Version : Review: DP Xtreme Foam Formula Auto Shampoo

FloridaNative
08-12-2006, 06:53 PM
I used the new foam gun soap yesterday and had lots of fun with it. I used about 2-3 ounces of soap and filled the rest of the quart canister with water. I had the foam gun set to the second hole. The soap has a nice fragrance that smells like Wrigely’s Spearmint Gum. The soap created lots of foam in the gun as well as in the bucket. Even after the wash was over there were still plenty of suds left in the wash bucket an hour later. I really liked the lubricity in the soap. It was nice and slippery. The soap had good cleaning ability and I was not concerned about swirls with the good lubrication and slipperiness that this soap has. The water sheeted off nicely and the car rinsed clean. I washed the car in full sun with 92 degree heat. I purposely let the water dry on the car to see if there would be water spots. I did not notice any on the paint. This soap was lots of fun to use with the foam gun and the pleasant aroma made washing my car an even more pleasurable experience. Thank you all for taking your time to read my review :)

supercharged
08-12-2006, 09:56 PM
:iagree: It is an excellent product and is on my favorite list! I use a little more soap in the gun though (5oz) and it works very well. Lots of lubricity and a refreshing mint franrance. I love it!:awesome: :righton:

joe.p
08-12-2006, 10:02 PM
No Pics :confused:

FloridaNative
08-13-2006, 01:37 AM
No Pics :confused:

I did take some pics, but I have a 35mm. I know, I know that's totally lame and not what you want to hear. I spend all my money on detailing supplies! I have 6 shots left on the roll and then I'll take it to be developed, if the pics come out (keep your fingers crossed) then I'll post them here when I get them. Sorry, that's the best I can do at this point til I get a digital. :o

Surfer
08-13-2006, 10:45 AM
I did take some pics, but I have a 35mm. I know, I know that's totally lame and not what you want to hear. I spend all my money on detailing supplies! I have 6 shots left on the roll and then I'll take it to be developed, if the pics come out (keep your fingers crossed) then I'll post them here when I get them. Sorry, that's the best I can do at this point til I get a digital. :oDon't feel bad, my mom still doesn't like the digi cams even though she has two now. She bought two fancy ones that have too many choices and options so she just keeps using her regular film camerca. Plus back at my college graduation she pulled out a Polaroid LOL, that camera was from back at least 20 years ago from our insurance business lol. People were comming up to her like oh my god I haven't seen one in years. My friends mom had never even seen one, she thought it was some new product.

Is the DP soap green? Curious b/c could have sworn I saw pics on here of a green foamy soap covering a car, plus if it smells minty...?

Jonboy
08-13-2006, 12:13 PM
This is deffinatley on my to buy list from AG

abrcrombe
08-13-2006, 12:37 PM
Good review Jen, and that is what I like about digital, I can see if I got the shot, and retake it if I need to. Get with the times lady!! j/k :)

FloridaNative
08-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Don't feel bad, my mom still doesn't like the digi cams even though she has two now. She bought two fancy ones that have too many choices and options so she just keeps using her regular film camerca. Plus back at my college graduation she pulled out a Polaroid LOL, that camera was from back at least 20 years ago from our insurance business lol. People were comming up to her like oh my god I haven't seen one in years. My friends mom had never even seen one, she thought it was some new product.

Is the DP soap green? Curious b/c could have sworn I saw pics on here of a green foamy soap covering a car, plus if it smells minty...?

The solution is green in the bottle but the foam comes out white. I believe the pic that you are referring to is one posted by Joe P. and it is a different soap, called Strike One I believe. :)

Man, your mom has 2 digital cameras?? If I had one I would use it. I just use my 35mm because it's all I've got. :) Just bear with me guys. A digital camera will be my next purchase that is if AG doesn't have a Souveran sale first. ;)

Thanks for your kind feedback to my review. :)

Surfer
08-13-2006, 02:52 PM
The solution is green in the bottle but the foam comes out white. I believe the pic that you are referring to is one posted by Joe P. and it is a different soap, called Strike One I believe. :)

Man, your mom has 2 digital cameras?? If I had one I would use it. I just use my 35mm because it's all I've got. :) Just bear with me guys. A digital camera will be my next purchase that is if AG doesn't have a Souveran sale first. ;)

Thanks for your kind feedback to my review. :)Whats Strike One?

Well she has one now, I took one of them since my sister dropped mine at the lake awhile ago lol. She still doesn't use the other one. She'd rather still use her Polaroid or regular film camera, she's only 47 lol.

FloridaNative
08-13-2006, 02:59 PM
Whats Strike One?

Well she has one now, I took one of them since my sister dropped mine at the lake awhile ago lol. She still doesn't use the other one. She'd rather still use her Polaroid or regular film camera, she's only 47 lol.

The picture that you saw of green foam soap. I believe the name of that soap is Strike One. It isn't the new DP foam gun soap.

Reddwarf
08-13-2006, 05:41 PM
Recently while on holiday, a friend bought a disposal digital at a super drugstore for 20 bucks. It took decent pictures! Amazing.

But, Jen, if you want a digital, shop on ebay.

FloridaNative
08-14-2006, 02:34 PM
Thanks Reddwarf. Well, Meghan gave me some advice on which ones to buy so now I have to shop around and save. :) I'll check out ebay also. :) Thanks again.

aceshigh73
08-14-2006, 02:49 PM
Its funny.. my son who is now 2 and a few months, and my young nieces and nephews all come running to the picture taker to see the shot once they get their picture taken. They dont know anything else but digital.
My mother-in-law, just recently got a digicam this year, and before that, when she took pics of her grandkids, they all ran up to her and were disapointed to see that she had a regular "old-school" 35mm.
I guess this is part of the "instant gratification" young society we live in now.... Im not too old to not be a part of some of it... (Im 33), but my nephews are in their early teens and they are all cell-phone, text-messaging, IM junkies....
One thing I totally dont understand is "Myspace"... who the hell cares about "your space" ? :-)

-Mike (rant off)

emaxxman
08-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Thanks Reddwarf. Well, Meghan gave me some advice on which ones to buy so now I have to shop around and save. :) I'll check out ebay also. :) Thanks again.

I was bitten by the photography bug about 9 years ago when my first child was born. My OCD forces me to research every single topic I get interested in. :D I devoured everything photography related. The best photography forum I have found is

www. photo. net

It is hands down the best forum found...it is used by professionals and amatuers of all levels. Some of the articles are a little dated since they were before the advent of affordable digital cameras for the masses...however, focus on the current reviews and articles and techniques...they are timeless.

www dpreview com is also one of the best sites for reviews of all things digital camera related.

BTW, I shoot with a Minolta (I refuse to call it Konica Minolta or now Sony...ugh!) digital SLR. It is an incredible camera and I love it. I have 2 film SLR's and 1 dSLR along with a number of lenses. With that said, if I had to buy it all over again right now, my choice would be something in the Canon line. Minolta has sold off all of the photo business to Sony...double ugh! We're all waiting to see if Sony destroys the line or not. Nikon is very good but has a smaller market share. Canon is the king of all things photo related. Their vast financial resources will ensure that they are at the leading edge of technology and will be around to provide support for a long time.

I also buy all of my equipment, film, etc. from www bhphoto com . They are located in NYC and have the best reputation for quality customer service and prices. They are not the sleazeball electronic mail order crooks you hear so much about. Be very careful with who you buy from. Many of those on ebay are the same mail order crooks in the backs of mags. bhphoto is very well established and has very good customer ratings. Just check the "neighbor to neighbor" section of photo.net and you'll see all the customer experiences by store.

Good luck and enjoy.