First Time Using Onr..i Love This Stuff!!!

Presidential_Detail

Reaction score
Ive been hearing great things about Optimum No Rinse and had to give it a try myself. First thing I will say is WOW, I LOVE IT! I used three capfuls to about a half bucket of water, then fill a second bucket with plain water to rinse, I used a "grout sponge" I got for free from Autogeek which came in handy, and then I used a DD Waffle Weave Towel and a Cobra Deluxe Jr for the drying process. This was my first time using the product and it was a breeze, Im sure it will come even easier to me as I begin to use it more!

Thanks to Scottwax for all the informational videos and posts on how to use this stuff!

Tools:
2 Buckets
1 Grit Guard
1 Grout Sponge
1 WW Drying Towel
1 COBRA Deluxe Jr
Combined 5 gallons of water

Process:
Fill each bucket about half way.
Mix 2-3 capfuls of ONR into ONE bucket.
Take Grout Sponge, Soak into ONR bucket.
Wash one panel going over it a couple times to ensure it is clean.
Rinse Grout Sponge in Rinse Bucket.
Dry panel lightly using WW Drying Towel, leaving some moisture behind.
Follow this with a few wipes using a quality MF Towel until dry.
Repeat process on entire car.

I took a few after pictures, the car was relatively clean but hadnt been washed in a couple weeks. Unfortunately I did not get any before pictures, but lets just say it wasnt wacko clean. ;) So heres some pics after my first ONR wash, the last protection was put on about a month or so ago, two coats of Lusso.

PICS:
Rinse Bucket on Left, ONR Bucket on Right, this stuff works!
IMG_5085.jpg

This is AFTER the wash, notice no contaminants whatsoever!
IMG_5086.jpg

Notice ALL the dirt is in the rinse bucket, not on the car or solution bucket! ;)
IMG_5087.jpg

Now the car..
IMG_5089.jpg

IMG_5091.jpg

IMG_5092.jpg

IMG_5095.jpg

IMG_5096.jpg

IMG_5100.jpg

IMG_5103.jpg

IMG_5110.jpg

IMG_5113.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! Yeah I was getting worried about what I was going to do in the winter months! haha! I already had to do one back when we had a 30 degrrre cold flash a few weeks back, no fun! Im safe in the garage now though!

Sweet! I'm assuming that's your S2K? That would explain all the S2k details ;)

I used ONR all summer due to water restrictions and I do not plan on using the tradional soap again.

Pardon my ignorance, but what does ONR do? is it a additive to water so you dont have to dry?? I always thought it was a waterless wash...lol

Not waterless necessarily, but you don't need to do a rinse after you wash the car. You can just dry it. I've found you can even skip doing a pre-rinse, which a lot do, if the car isn't too heavily soiled.

You pretty much only need about 2 gallons of water to wash your entire car! haha! I used two buckets so about 4-5 gallons. No hose necessary!

ONR even added to your favorite wash adds some addtl lubrication. I would love to see a coat of Souveran Paste on that Honda beauty.

Me too..Im almost out of Lusso and will be upgrading in the wax department once I do...so many choices!

Back