My Nascar weekend...

Meghan

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My nephew has been asking to go to the races for awhile now. He has not been and I have only been to Daytona 500 once, so I thought it would be a great time. Had a friend that had some tickets she had gotten from her work so we tagged along for the weekend to the Homestead track. I thought while I was there I would grab some photos for everyone.

First night we had awesome seats, you could see the whole track perfectly, and we were very close to the finish line.
0072.jpg

0073.jpg

0074.jpg

0085.jpg

Saturday's race was great, place was about 60% full and the weather was wonderful.
0095.jpg

0104.jpg

This was the car we were watching... not that Jr did much but we watched!:D
0117.jpg

0120.jpg

0144.jpg

0149.jpg

Saw this car on our way back for day two of racing... I was just happy I survived day one! We stay down in Key Largo for the night and got some rest and were ready for day 2!
0151.jpg

First things first, my nephew Javin needed a picture with #88 car!
0156.jpg

Then off for the simulator ride!
0159.jpg

Border Patrol car #28
0163.jpg

Never seen so many trailers...
0165.jpg

0167.jpg

US Army had the greatest set up there, tanks, trucks, simulator helicopter ride, and an area where they did a field obstacle course.
0168.jpg

0169.jpg

0170.jpg

0171.jpg

Everyone loved these guns..
0172.jpg

Last edited:
We did some walking around and check everything out...

0173.jpg

0174.jpg

0175.jpg

0178.jpg

Then we had to head back to the truck to do some tailgating, got to teach the kids young what sports is really all about... BBQ!
S5030021X.jpg

01881.jpg

Thought I would be a "young" aunt and play some catch with my nephew. I wish I could still jump like that...
01891.jpg

And then I realize after killing my finger, I am not young anymore! LOL
FINGER.jpg

I was gonna go to Homestead with some fam, but I'm just not a Neckcar fan :D ......maybe if there were some turns instead of an oval:D

You need to botox your fingers :D

looked like you and the nephew had a great time! hope your pinky gets better, and don't feel like you're old... i just had my thirty *cough* something birthday :D

0269.jpg

2009 Harley Truck and matching bike
0270.jpg

Dewalt Ford truck
0271.jpg

Coming out new for 2010 Ford series, this truck was sweet!
0272.jpg

Ford Racing tent, got these for you Wytstang
0278.jpg

0277.jpg

0279.jpg

0280.jpg

Would be great to drive in hurricane season
0281.jpg

If anything he did learn on this trip is that Jr has a potty mouth! Listening to Jr talk all night was probably not the best thing for a 13yr old but I am sure he hears worse at school.
JAVIN.jpg

S5030035X.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed, see I try to think of you guys even when I am not at work.... I always have to bring you back some pictures!

Coming out new for 2010 Ford series, this truck was sweet!
0272.jpg
Thats the new SVT Raptor, pretty badass. Setup for Baja style runs in the dirt/desert. I think its completely badass for Ford to do something like this instead of a straight street performance truck, which was kinda pointless with the new F series since they are such heavy pigs compared to pre-04'.

Thats the new SVT Raptor, pretty badass. Setup for Baja style runs in the dirt/desert. I think its completely badass for Ford to do something like this instead of a straight street performance truck, which was kinda pointless with the new F series since they are such heavy pigs compared to pre-04'.

That was it... yes I really like the Raptor, was very cool, seemed like more of a toy then a daily driver though... sounds like you have read up on it Surfer.

Congrats on going - wish I could have. How about Jimmie - like or not, he's tied Cale's record and that's quite a feat!

Put some ice on it... :D

And then I realize after killing my finger, I am not young anymore! LOL
FINGER.jpg

Thanks Meghan. I'm a big fan so that was a nice treat. "Junior" fan too.

Congrats to Jimmie J #48.

Exciting changes at next years Daytona 500, like "Smoke's" own racing team.

Meghan with all those pictures I can tell you are now hooked on NASCAR . You must have had some real good tickets to be able to get those great shots .

Back