PDA

View Full Version : Meg's Quik Wax

Reddwarf
08-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Has anyone tried Meguiar's Quik Wax? I came across it at an auto parts store. I'm sure it is not as good as Crystal Mist, but has anyone tried it?

I currently have Crystal Mist and really like it. I'm thinking the Meg's product might be another alternative.

brianshaeffer
08-14-2006, 05:07 PM
I have both and liike both. The Meguiar's is surprisingly good for 1/4 the cost of Crystal Mist. On my wife's White Diamond Cadillac CTS, it is very difficult to tell the difference between the two. On my bright red Mustang convertible, Crystal Mist is definitely better.

ScottB
08-14-2006, 05:33 PM
I think that Zymol Detail looks better, but neither are Crystal Mist.

emaxxman
08-14-2006, 06:24 PM
Has anyone tried Meguiar's Quik Wax? I came across it at an auto parts store. I'm sure it is not as good as Crystal Mist, but has anyone tried it?

I currently have Crystal Mist and really like it. I'm thinking the Meg's product might be another alternative.

I have Quik Wax. It hazes really fast and doesn't spread as easily. You therefore have to use quite a bit to cover a panel. I don't think it adds any appreciable amount of gloss. I also have a bottle of NXT spray wax. It's only slightly better. To be honest, it's just as much work to apply Quik Wax or NXT spray wax as it is to apply a full coat of NXT liquid wax.

I have a gallon of Optimum Car Wax coming this Wednesday. It's a true wipe on/wipe off product. I'll do a comparison of the 3 sprays. If OCW works well, it'll be more economical than either Meg's products.

Reddwarf
08-14-2006, 07:11 PM
I have Quik Wax. It hazes really fast and doesn't spread as easily. You therefore have to use quite a bit to cover a panel. I don't think it adds any appreciable amount of gloss. I also have a bottle of NXT spray wax. It's only slightly better. To be honest, it's just as much work to apply Quik Wax or NXT spray wax as it is to apply a full coat of NXT liquid wax.

I have a gallon of Optimum Car Wax coming this Wednesday. It's a true wipe on/wipe off product. I'll do a comparison of the 3 sprays. If OCW works well, it'll be more economical than either Meg's products.

Excellent! I look forward to the review.

emaxxman
08-14-2006, 07:16 PM
Excellent! I look forward to the review.

Uh oh...the pressure's on now!!!! What have I gotten myself into...:D

sparkie
08-14-2006, 08:27 PM
Review great, love reviews. So this will be on the 16, 17, or 18?

Reddwarf
08-14-2006, 08:31 PM

LOL! Sparkie, you fit right in with this gang!

emaxxman
08-14-2006, 09:35 PM

Nice!!!:cheers:

It won't be that fast. I just got back from a short vacation; gotta catch up at work; then have my son's bday party on Saturday. I am off all next week so that's looking pretty good if the weather holds out.

BlackCoupe
08-14-2006, 10:06 PM

Yes, and what time should we start checking?